SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED & NGD - Any Superstrats for sale (Suhr, Tom Anderson, Grosh, Tyler)? Trade on Divided amp?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    I'd buy that turquoise one on looks alone.

Yeah I'm that shallow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    Bump

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Looking at Suhr Moderns at the moment - anything doing?
    Bump
    Bump for fussy paws
    edited April 2018
    I nabbed this beauty and it covered all my requirements, incorporating aspects I liked about Charvel, Suhr, Tom Anderson and Tyler Guitars.

Versatile pickup configuration of a HSH with coil-taps and the very useful Blower Switch (as found on the Guthrie signature, Tom Andersons and now the Fender Elites), Gotoh 510 and locking tuners, 22 frets (nickel, not SS - I've found I don't like the ping with SS as I think it translates to the amplified sound), Suhr's Big V neck, which is not a baseball or actually as big as it suggests, but more comfy, like a Music Man Luke, but wider and not cramped, with a more traditional feel to say something like an Ibanez Wizard neck.

Apart from the above appointments, I wanted it to look great, which I think it does, especially with the black hardware and finish, but that reverse headstock finishes it off nicely and it's different.

I'm really pleased with it and it sounds stellar - it spanks, quacks, rocks and sings, although I'm still getting used to the SSH+ in the bridge as it's a bit too hot, even without the Blower Switch engaged, which puts it in series, it has a bit of a Seymour Duncan JB-ness to it, which I don't particularly like (a little gnarly) and I prefer something lower in output or a different, smoother more vintage or PAF character and more like the PRS HFS for tone or even a Tyler 'Secret Humbucker', but I'll see how I get on. It does, however, sound really good when coil-tapped.

It's an all-rounder, which is perfect as I do functions and stuff from funk and soul to AOR/Classic rock and it works well for that and also for my own personal tastes - it's a Huff/Luke/Timmons-Monster.

Thanks for all your suggestions and to the FB friends who I've frustrated the hell out of, but I think I'm finally there (famous last words)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-7zfDg4MdLyscl7TilshUhwUaqtHT4JP

On a personal note, its production date is that of my late father's birthday and a rejig of my own. He always supported me in every way with my music and I feel he was with me on this search. Bless you Dad

EDIT: As mentioned, I'm finding the HHS+ bridge pickup a bit gnarly and unruly when using overdrive (it's close to an Aldrich in output) and not as defined as I'd like and I prefer less mids. I'm trying to bed with it but I can see a swap out might be needed to get it ultimately to where I want and I tend to prefer low winds/pickups under 11K

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 300

Sweet guitar, congrats. :)
  • PlukkyPlukky Frets: 282
    That's the biggest neck I've seen on a Suhr! Nice one!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    Nice thread, a happy ending and a lovely link to your Dad mate 
    Thanks Waz :)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Nice one Cos, it’s been a long search but looks like you’ve found it finally, it looks ace.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3044
    Beautiful choice Cos. Looks like something I'd love to get myself some day
    edited April 2018
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5844
    Kebabkid said:

Nice find, Cos and it has a certain smouldering beauty to it.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom