SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Rare Aria Les Paul Pro II

What's Hot
vergalambvergalamb Frets: 2
edited April 2018 in LH Guitars £

Hey,

I got this Aria Pro II Les Paul for sale. Made in the 90's but not so sure about it. -  Bolt-on neck - . I got it for a good 10 years but don't really play it anymore so it has to go. One of the pickups have to be checked out cause it has some connection issues with the wiring. See pictures for condition(there's some more on facebook. Looks pretty good for its age and it's a brilliant guitar. The low price is due to the damages and I can't be bothered to fix them although it's a pretty rare one. To be fair never managed to find another. I even read through those old Aria magazines I found online but nothing. 

Even if your not interested but could help me to identify it that would be really appreciated. 

I'd be after around £300 anyway. 

Cheers Greg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1680768165306424&l=76c19635a1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1680768235306417&l=5051c3ac9b

Tried to embed the pics but couldn't get it right for some reason, sorry about that. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    edited April 2018

@vergalamb - IIRC, it's a PE-STD or DLX variant, probably '90's. I can't recall specific model numbers, sorry.

As it's a 3-bolt neck (rather than set - I checked out your other images of the guitar on Facebook), plus it has a "standard" LP-style T-o-M bridge/tailpiece (rather than APII's 'usual' own design), and would originally have had a LP-style pickguard, it's one of the lower-end models.

A slightly further-down-the-food-chain equivalent (less bling/binding, etc) would be a model like this:

Aria's model ranges, ID numbers and frequent year-on-year changes are nothing if not confusing - however, just because there isn't a great deal of info out there (on this particular model), it sadly doesn't mean it's rare/valuable. In the UK, I'd suggest it's probably worth around half the price you're asking (sorry!).

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    The OP should really be making clear that this guitar has a bolt-on neck.  Even the pictures linked don’t show this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolyd said:
    The OP should really be making clear that this guitar has a bolt-on neck.  Even the pictures linked don’t show this.
    Thanks I didn't think of that. :) 

HarrySeven said:

@vergalamb - IIRC, it's a PE-STD or DLX variant, probably '90's. I can't recall specific model numbers, sorry.

As it's a 3-bolt neck (rather than set - I checked out your other images of the guitar on Facebook), plus it has a "standard" LP-style T-o-M bridge/tailpiece (rather than APII's 'usual' own design), and would originally have had a LP-style pickguard, it's one of the lower-end models.

A slightly further-down-the-food-chain equivalent (less bling/binding, etc) would be a model like this:

Aria's model ranges, ID numbers and frequent year-on-year changes are nothing if not confusing - however, just because there isn't a great deal of info out there (on this particular model), it sadly doesn't mean it's rare/valuable. In the UK, I'd suggest it's probably worth around half the price you're asking (sorry!).
    Hi, Thanks for the info really. I think this is the closest I can get lol To be fair the price was based on a suggestion. Around a year ago I wrote a post somewhere trying to identify it but had no answer apart from one, asking about the origin of the guitar because he had one of these stolen a few months back then. Tho it's definitely not the one and he wasn't sure of the model either I asked him on a price suggestion and he sad around 500 quid. But I'll think of it again I suppose haha. Tho I think it's still rare just not valuable lol Thanks for your reply.  
  • So even cheaper, anyone? :) Will go on ebay if it not works lol