Why I joined, and what I'm looking for here

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27424
    @oletimer - once you've negotiated the intro threads (linked above), the best place to ask your question about guitar set-up (etc) will be in the Making & Modding section.

The forum is divided into a number of separate sections so that the discussions/threads within a section are - broadly - relevant to that section.    People often just browse the section/s that is/are of most interest to them, so posting a question in the appropriate section will get a better response.

Hope that helps ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just joined today ! 07/02/2017

I found this forum by looking at another thread on 'The Gear Page' and looked a cool place to hang out to talk guitars. I've been a member of many guitar forums but unfortunately they've either become dead or do not existing anymore. One or two have moved to using facebook but that's not the same as a proper guitar forum. I look forward to checking out the content hear, hopefully they'll be the odd forum jams and stuff. I like playing with other musicians but as a house bound player don't often get the chance. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27424
    Axe2Grind said:
     hopefully they'll be the odd forum jams and stuff
    @Axe2Grind ;
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/123793/thefretboard-jam-goes-south-2nd-jun-2018-reserve-list-open/p1
    Although that one is now "full", the reserve list is open.

There should be another session happening in Leicester before then - we just need to get our organising arses into gear to make it happen!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • MSG57MSG57 Frets: 1
    Hi Just joined the forum. I have a nice (imho) collection of gibson, hamer, fender, tokai and yamaha electrics. To coin a couple of cliches i am happily described as a 'tone-hound' and guitar anorak as well. Various pedals and vintage hiwatt, fender amps plus more recent low wattage classics like Fender Pro Junior and Marshall Class 5. I gig in a pub rock band playing vigorous versions of mostly 60's 70's classic rock items.
    Why have i joined...motivation right now is primarily to find another classic Yamaha electric -  a cherry red SA700 (335 clone) so I am hoping to find one in due course, maybe from this community....
  • I came as looking to sell a guitar but chances are I’ll be hanging around, as it looks like a place where people care. 
    As for a bit about me. I’ve been playing all kinds of music for about 25 years. I build custom guitars and tube amps alongsid being a magazine editor (graphics mags not music). 
    Hopevto chat more soon!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • theflyisbacktheflyisback Frets: 71
    edited February 2018
    Hi all.

Bit late to this thread but BLTN.

Discovered this site when googling a technical problem and got hooked.

i was in bands from 17 til 27, nearly made it but things fell apart when my last band essentially got signed at the time we realised we hated each other! 

Cue me hanging up my music boots, choosing life (marriage, house, big tv etc) and spending the next 10 years getting old bored and fat.

after threatening it for years, I finally got round to writing songs and starting up a new band again and quickly and (un)surely building my dream guitar rig! The band is now gigging (we’re called Raised By Foxes if you’re interested) and I’m getting my rock star swag on again! The girls ain’t coming as easy as they used to, mind! 

I’ve already done some trading on the sell and buy pages (got a serious and unhealthy pedal addiction, safer but more costly than a drug one!)

Learning a lot though and discovering a great deal from the guys on here already. 

The music shops near me aren’t as good as they used to be (the high street is dead) so the advice and recommendations here are critical as I’ve been out the game so long! 

Me and the other guitarist and bassist in the band are all pedal nuts (we can’t fit on most stages with the boards we have)! 

Nice meeting you all.

P.s. I tell bad jokes too as well as playing a mean lick or two. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9655
    edited February 2018
    I joined after musicradar disappeared. I'm not, and never will be, anything more than average in my guitar playing endeavours but I enjoy the discussions, banter, camaraderie, etc. It's also been a great place to hear others opinions and to pick up tips, suggestions, knowledge, etc.

Thanks to everyone involved in keeping things running.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1173
    Hi guys,

I joined this weekend. As I'm quite a fan of guitar gear and discussing it.

Also love playing and listening to all sorts of music.

Thanks again
  • I was looking for a forum that was actually useful and a laugh, rather than an ego fest - a guy at work suggested this one! Cheers Ben!
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    edited March 2018
    Hi, been around since Musicradar but no fcker told me about this Thread. Im not very popular but my Mother did love me.
    I keep trying to join in but no one seems interested in anything i have to say.
    Im shit at guitar but it keeps me off the streets.
    ps I dont do sloppy seconds 
    Laters....

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PinPin Frets: 1

Hi, my user name is Pin (real name Alan). I am also on the Gibson forum and (rarely) on the Les Paul forum.

Answers to Questions:

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Long story! Comes from long ago when aged around 10 or so I started playing football with the the "big boys" in secondary school. And I used to run rings around most of them and they called me "Pin" because I was tall and thin and "sneaked" around them.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Ex-London and now east Essex Southend area.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Actually play the darned thing!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Probably Gibson ES345 1959 Reissue.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Curtis Stigers "John the Revelator"

• PinPin Frets: 1
    Sorry chaps the above post should be in Introductions!
  • DrSpockDrSpock Frets: 36
    edited March 2018
    I joined to buy and sell equipment. Tired of eBay fees and asshats making silly offers on things. Despite not selling anything just yet I appear to have already spent a few £k... The wife WILL be pleased  o
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• I joined as i’ve always been on forums related to my hobbies i.e cars marine fish etc to learn more and see what others are doing with theirs, and so when i took up guitar it was no different. I want to learn as much as i can about guitars, amps and gear and share with you guys my experiences whilst reading yours
  • rogybivrogybiv Frets: 7
    I joined to try and get rid of a couple of bits to fellow enthusiasts rather than the ebay herd... Looks like a great forum though and I've already found myself browsing various other threads! 
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2368
    Joined today after lurking for a few months. Last July all my guitars were stolen and I was told the Fretboard Classifieds were very active and a good place to keep a look out if they end up being sold on. Slowly started browsing the rest of the forum and decided I'd like to chime in from time to time!
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I joined here last year after noticing a lot of people mentioning the site on other websites. Alan Parkes came to my recording studio (Essex Recording Studios) the other day to show me his Spectrumaxe LED guitar and mentioned this site as well, so I decided to log on today and get involved with the community!

I buy around 10 guitars a week, so hopefully I'll find some cool guitars and great deals on here!  I'm aso looking forward to tapping into a huge local knowledge pool any time I come across something unique or have a problem with a piece of gear. I don't know everything, but I try to share what I learn on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/EssexRecordingStudios
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8028
    *When I joined: Back in the dim-and-distant pre-fretboard days of Music Radar.

*Why I joined: You know.

*What I’m looking for: World peace, Jaffa cakes, weird guitars and ancient gear.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14409
    To paraphrase Jim Steinman and Gutloaf, three out of four ain't bad.

I joined so that forumites aged under forty could waste what little time I have left. (Grrr. Snarl.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom