Carp Diem Troubles

Catalyst77Catalyst77 Frets: 69
Not sure if anyone has had similar problems, but my Carp diem always sounded like it was being played through a blanket, regardless of which amp I played it through or whether I ran it at 18v or 9v.

I've been using an EQ pedal to brighten it up over the last year or two as I love the amp like feel, but its now cutting out ever time I try and boost it (using either a tumnus or TC spark).  If I hit the footswitch off then back on again it goes back to normal until I try and boost it again. Although it will now intermittently cut out even when not boosting (or lose 95% of its volume).

Any one else feel my pain or have any suggestions?!

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7731
    Footswitch sounds borked
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    I've forgotten about this pedal. TPS made a big song and dance about it but heard nothing since. Or is it just me not having my finger on the pulse anymore lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I wish it was the footswitch i could fix that.  I've always run it in a looper, so the its never got any abuse. the sound cutting out seems to be completely random.

I ended up emailing the distributor, who forwarded me on to the manufacturer, who so far have not replied.

Not the greatest for a pedal that was only 18 months old  :/
  • TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    I had one for a while, I would suggest it is a faulty switch or a problem internally. Mine didn't appear to be the best build quality.
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    Mine has never sounded muffled/blankety - sounds like it's been wrong from the start. 

They are on FB if you want to try there https://www.facebook.com/FireCustomShop/ ;

fwiw I think it's a fantastic pedal - despite the 2 switches I've never seen it as a 2-sound thing - just set it up as one awesome noise and enjoy 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:
    Mine has never sounded muffled/blankety - sounds like it's been wrong from the start. 

They are on FB if you want to try there https://www.facebook.com/FireCustomShop/ ;

fwiw I think it's a fantastic pedal - despite the 2 switches I've never seen it as a 2-sound thing - just set it up as one awesome noise and enjoy 
    Actually that’s exactly how I use it! I do love the tone and have been through enough pedals to not want to find something else, I tried their Facebook site, I’ll see if something comes back.

although now I want the Carpe Diem mini too
  • Catalyst77Catalyst77 Frets: 69
    BTW for anyone interested I managed to fix the issue myself in the end.

But be wary of buying any CD stuff, I emailed them directly, via their website, via messenger, using facebook, and never got a single reply; not great customer service!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12644

But be wary of buying any CD stuff, I emailed them directly, via their website, via messenger, using facebook, and never got a single reply; not great customer service!
    How did you fix it?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    impmann said:

How did you fix it?
    swapped the patch cables round
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Catalyst77Catalyst77 Frets: 69
    impmann said:

How did you fix it?

One of the internal cables wired to the jack socket was barely connected, i think the motion of hitting the foot switch kept knocking it in and out of contact.