Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Matamp

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• TA22GT said:
    TA22GT said:
    Certainly is !  =)
    We met a couple of times at the factory, Paul's the name,

I still maintain that your modded 1224 is the best Matamp I've played.

Hope you're well? 

Hi Paul I certainly do remember you! Did you have a Kingseat Combo? I hope you are well too mate.

Do you remember me showing you how the footswitch worked when it was labelled "Input"  because that's what it was doing by switching from Low to Hi input?  They then totally cocked it up by labelling it Boost!! That made it so difficult to understand the switching options!

They copied my 1224 and made it in to the 1224GT.  One day I was at the factory and casually asked Hayden if it was possible to increase the power from around 50 watts to 75-80 to give it more headroom. I was in a rush to get away but he quickly changed some fairly large capacitors on the top board and told me to try it when I got home. He gave me the original ones to solder back if I didn't like it. 
    Well that did the trick with my amp. It sounded so much bigger without actually being louder, so much wider and open and it's been like that ever since. They haven't heard it since but it still makes me smile when I plug in to it. 

Glad to see you are still around! =)
    I had a 1224 Mk1 at the time we met....and then bought Rob Stobb's GT1. 

I remember you taking the time to explain your amp to me, particularly the input foot switching.

I also remember the frustrations in trying to get what I humbly considered to be a flagship amp, the 1224GT, off the ground. Your generosity in lending them the original was a real touch of class, that I remember to this day. 

I too am really pleased to see you around and about. 

My best regards to you Brian.

Paul.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    Thanks for your kind comments Paul. We were on the same wave length in our tone search and thankfully I am lucky enough to have found mine. 
    I don't use a lot of gain so the amp always sounds big and uncompressed. There's nowhere to hide but it's actually made me a better player in that I learned to hear what I was actually playing!
    Regards, Brian
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    edited April 2018
    Why are all the Matamp logo iterations so damn cool?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    Hi Brian long time no see! Welcome aboard @TA22GT ;

@streethawk one of these days we will decide on a logo....

@ourmaninthenorth not seen you for a good while either!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi Brian long time no see! Welcome aboard @TA22GT ;

@streethawk one of these days we will decide on a logo....

@ourmaninthenorth not seen you for a good while either!
    @Van_Hayden  still knocking about Hayden, hope you're well? Send my regards to buggerlugs will you? 

See you at Haydock if you're about. 
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    Not at Haydock but Ill call pass on your regards!