Tickets for the Arctic Monkeys at the O2 - ARRRGGGHH!!

What's Hot
lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
My son really wants to go to this and I don't get why I cannot get tickets online.  I tried on Friday when they were first released and tried again today with the new dates added.  It does not show as sold out, but I cannot get a single ticket online :

"Sorry, no tickets match your search." !!!

Why don't they shut it down and say SOLD OUT then?? Very, very anoying!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited April 2018
    Rest assured thousands of them will pop up soon at 300% of face value.

As long as you don't mind dealing with the parasites you'll be fine  

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    Rest assured thousands of them will pop up soon at 300% of face value.

As long as you don't mind dealing with the parasites you'll be fine  
    That is not going to happen. Yes I bet seatwave etc have a ton of them - funny that  :p
    viagogo pumping them out for 3x markewt value :-1: 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    wait until closer to the date and keep an eye on the event facebook page.. there will be people trying to sell tickets as they can no longer go..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    LuttiS said:
    wait until closer to the date and keep an eye on the event facebook page.. there will be people trying to sell tickets as they can no longer go..
    :+1: 
  • BluebeardBluebeard Frets: 228
    I had the same thing a few months ago with Flight of the Conchords. It turned out their o2 gigs sold out before they officially went on sale because people with o2 phones get priority tickets (including touts). I don't know why this wasn't mentioned before as I ended up wasting time going online for nothing. 

I am seeing Arctic Monkeys at Rock Werchter in Belgium this summer. Tickets are still available for both the full festival and the Sunday they are playing. The lineup just for that day alone is worth the trip (Nick Cave, NIN, Eels, David Byrne, Noel Gallagher + more). 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Bluebeard said:
    I had the same thing a few months ago with Flight of the Conchords. It turned out their o2 gigs sold out before they officially went on sale because people with o2 phones get priority tickets (including touts). I don't know why this wasn't mentioned before as I ended up wasting time going online for nothing. 

Ah is that why.. i was online at 9am when FOTC tickets went online.. sold out immediately. Still managed to get some at a later date but still, paid more than i wanted to for shitty seats. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    viagogo pumping them out for 3x markewt value :-1: 
    Unfortunately, viagogo’s price is probably closer to the actual market value. 

The actual market-driven value of concert tickets is WAY higher than face value, but bands would rather take less cash and let the resellers take the bad PR. 

I dont like like it any more than anyone, but that’s how markets work.

FWIW I have Foo Fighters tickets for a show in Nashville from StubHub. They cost about 5 times what I paid to see them when I was 18. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 448
    I got a ticket for the Sunday, don't know how but I only booked one and now the other half ain't talking to me :D
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    MrSwanson said:
    I got a ticket for the Sunday, don't know how but I only booked one and now the other half ain't talking to me :D
    Yes it would let me book a single ticket, but no more than 1. Pass that on to the missus and she might love you again : :)
    My Clapton tkts are now worth double according to via-fukin-go-go!  This is a business empire! I could have a really nice guitar collection if I buy a load of tkts to gigs that I have no intention of going to and then pass them on to go-go  :s