Backing tracks

What's Hot
Hello all - 

Is there somewhere on the internet where you can find backing tracks to improvise over?

I talking a band playing a chord progression that you can then improvise over - ideally in a variety of styles.....

Surely this stuff must be out there.... I want to expand my horizons lol 

Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There are some, ave there are some apps that will play a backing track that you can choose the key and style of then noodle over. 

FWIW I think you're better off making your own, especially if you can pick up a Trio+. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    There are some, ave there are some apps that will play a backing track that you can choose the key and style of then noodle over. 

Chordbot for tablet and Chordpulse for PC are good for creating your own chord progressions, which can then have a variety of styles applied. In the past, I've used both to create backing tracks for the Solo of the Month (SotM) challenges.

www.chordbot.com

www.chordpulse.com

It's not a competition.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kelpbedskelpbeds Frets: 181
    Millions on youtube
    Check out my Blues lessons channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTSHf5NqVQDz0LzW2PC1Lw
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    edited April 2018
    I really just want the whole of certain albums in backing track form. Would pay good money for it. Instead I can just find the odd hit song from my fave bands. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • kelpbeds said:
    Millions on youtube
    Yep, this.
  • ChrisRGChrisRG Frets: 55
    edited April 2018
    I use mostly youtube as well.  One I go to quite often is Elevated Jam Tracks.  It gives the chord progression and a suggested mode with a notes chart so it's pretty useful
  • ChrisRGChrisRG Frets: 55
    MyDarnJamTracks is another I use.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Another vote for Youtube.  Just type in something like "funk backing" and you'll get loads of results. 
  • There are some, ave there are some apps that will play a backing track that you can choose the key and style of then noodle over. 

Chordbot for tablet and Chordpulse for PC are good for creating your own chord progressions, which can then have a variety of styles applied. In the past, I've used both to create backing tracks for the Solo of the Month (SotM) challenges.

www.chordbot.com

www.chordpulse.com

Thank you - these are brilliant! lots of fun.