Cheap Synth solution for home recording

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    With one exception, all of my E-Mu ROM sound library expansion sticks are the Proteus 2000 family type. They will not operate in your Audity 2000. 

If I reorganise my E-Mu ROM collection between two P2K family modules, it would free up the third module plus one Composer ROM.

DannyP said:
    How much?
    Depends whether;
    1. you would prefer a Proteus 2000 (with manual) or the simpler 1000 (without manual).
    2. you want the rack mounting bracket "ears".
    3. you will eventually wish to house additional E-Mu ROM expansion sticks.

The market for pre-owned E-Mu Proteus family gear is weird. Some vendors ask over one hundred quid per individual ROM expansion. Others sell a MIDI synth module with the exact same ROM expansion inside it for the same money.

Many of the sounds that you currently produce from the Audity 2000 can be recreated in a Proteus 2000 using the Xtreme Lead ROM expansion. What cannot easily be recreated is the the behaviour of the four rotary encoders on the front panel. The Audity 2000 defaults to suit arpeggiation. Most of the P2K family are organised for more general synthesis. 

Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Curious as to what you went for @DannyP ;
     im looking for something along these lines myself. My space is limited so would ideally be 25 or 32 key
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    His forum Activity page says last visit 23rd March. I can tell you for a fact what DannyP has not bought. ;)
    Be seeing you.
  • DannyP said:
     Acceptable-in-the-nineties is the quality level I'd be aiming for.

Interestingly thats how I live my entire life. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited April 2018
    if you have an ipad or an android tablet - apps galore to cover your needs 

• JamesOB1JamesOB1 Frets: 20
    @DannyP and @Flink_Poyd if you still looking for 90s vibe instruments you do worse than the Korg M1 plug-in. All the instruments including expansion packs for $49 usd. If you need a house piano, you need look no further.  https://korg.shop/software/korg-collection-series/korg-collection-m1.html
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    JamesOB1 said:
    @DannyP and @Flink_Poyd if you still looking for 90s vibe instruments you do worse than the Korg M1 plug-in. All the instruments including expansion packs for $49 usd. If you need a house piano, you need look no further.  https://korg.shop/software/korg-collection-series/korg-collection-m1.html
    Cheers. I bought a Monologue last week 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Interested in a Roland JV1080 at £150?
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited June 2018
    i appreciate that your budget is £100, & many solutions above look neat (triton i didn't know about but curious & interested), but if you can find-create the extra pennies (maybe £150) then the original microkorg is crazy fun & will easily do all & more you are asking for. & build-wise they last forever. don't worry if it's missing the vocoder mic. more useful as a price haggle thing than a vocoder.
    https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/korg-microkorg
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Get a copy of Reason on yer 'puter if you have a midi keyboard, the synths and samples are superb !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1667
    His forum Activity page says last visit 23rd March. I can tell you for a fact what DannyP has not bought. ;)
    Apologies, closure-fans! Actually, I've bought a Proteus off @horse which is currently winging its way to me as I type!