Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Q1:  Where did you username come from? A nickname an old lunatic friend used to adress me with

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Lancashire

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To enjoy what I play and stop feeling frustrated at my lack of talent

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? USA Fender Strat

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Hmmm...Wasted Years, Iron Maiden I’d have to say

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PJSPJS Frets: 1

Hello everyone, my name is Pete I'm 44.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

They are my initials.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

England,Wiltshire 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

Write my own song, play well enough to perform in public.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My only bit of gear is my Yamaha F-310, but I'm looking to upgrade.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

At the moment its The Beast - The Only Ones.

• Hi there,

Well, just a nickname used by some of friends of mine.

I'm from France, near Bordeaux

Having fun by doing rehersal and live gig

Well, It's not easy, but my PRS CU24

Surfing with the Alien from Satriani

• Hello, my names Dave, an old rocker from north London now living in Buckinghamshire. I've been playing guitar now for over 40 years and am struggling to keep up with the new tech these days. Loved the days when I could rock up at a gig, plug my guitar in and play! 

Q1:  Where did you username come from? An incident aged 15 when i thought if I lowered my bridge for a lower action I'd play better.......

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? At the moment, I'm hoping to set a new Guinness World Record!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I love my Les Paul Studio

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Jailbreak - Thin Lizzy

• timmypix said:
    Q1: Hi, my name's Tim. User name comes from my best friend when I was 12 and we'd both started playing guitar, trying to combine "Timmy Page" and "Timmy Hendrix".

Q2: Currently residing in Greater Manchester

Q3: As long as I can always be making music and playing guitar, I'll be happy. In a band but life gets in the way increasingly!

Q4: All of my gear was stolen in July 2017. I first discovered The Fretboard through it's classifieds as somewhere to keep a look out for things turning up, but after checking eBay, Gumtree, Facebook, Cash Converters/Generator for 8 months I'm resigned to the fact they'll never turn up.My pride and joy that was stolen was my first "real" electric, an Epiphone Les Paul that I'd modified. I promised myself if anything ever happened to it I'd get the real thing, so... I did!

So to actually answer the question, a 2017 Gibson Les Paul Classic.

Q5: Ohhh. Toughie. For now I'll say Comfortably Numb.

Looking forward to getting involved around here!
    I'm new too Tim, love your answers btw. Such a shame about your gear  :/
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2173

Hi all, 

Great to be part of the community. I've been playing guitar for about 10 months I took it up when my son was born to firstly encourage him to take up music and secondly as it's a hobby you can do from your bedroom (I don't get out much now). I've been practicing a lot and progressing well.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - My surname

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - London

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - To play in a covers band, although I'm starting to be more creative with the guitar so things might change as I improve.  

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - Gibson Custom Shop CS-336 Pelham Blue with Firebird headstock and Trini Lopez F-holes. Basically a smaller version of the DG-335 but made from solid wood.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - Black, Pear Jam at the moment. Changes weekly.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

2.  London

3.  No ambition, just to "learn guitar" for my own enjoyment.

Learning guitar to me means being able to:

- play my favourite songs

- play by ear and improvise solos

- write my own songs

4. absolutely love my Two-Notes Captor, so I can play with a cranked tube amp through my headphones at 4am

5.  All Along the Watchtower, Hendrix version

• TTony said:

Suityou from The Fast Show, 316 from Stone Cold Steve Austin under when it was the W.W.F.

Croydon, London, England 

Was to try to get playing again after Multiple Sclerosis stole my dexterity, but now it’s obviosly not coming back enough.

A PRS Tremonti SE, signed by Marc Tremonti himself 

Child In Time - Deep Purple (especially the Made In Japan version

[edit]
    ChristophEar has created a Spotify playlist of all the #1 tracks
    Everyone's #1 tracks.

And I just "stickied" this for as long as we've got lots of new rejoiners arriving!

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Mickey take from rugby days. 

North west UK 

To not be as woeful as I currently am.

Gibson Les Paul Srandard

Panama - Van Halen 

• wthrelfallwthrelfall Frets: 5
    hi everyone.  I've been reading posts on the forum for the last year, very informative and knowledgable people you all are!  I live in Skye (west coast scotland), and have been in bands most of my life but have been out of the game for a few years due to starting a family and a business.  Now I'm back to have my mid life crisis and spend some more time and money with my guitars (and bikes).  I also have a decent collection of studio gear and synths, but most of the good stuff has been sold to pay for nappies and ice cream and the occasional holiday.  Anyway, I can confirm I'm a real person and not a Bot, hope that puts you at ease ;-) 
  • RedWolffRedWolff Frets: 44

My real name 'Ralph', means 'Red Wolf' or 'Council of the Wolf'

I live in a paradise on earth called Tamborine Mountain. It's a tropical rainforest in the Gold Coast hinterland in Queensland ,Australia.

To get better at playing guitar. I've been 'at it' since the late seventies  so it's early days right?

At the risk of controversy  I would have to offer my Fractal Audio AxeFXII as 'hands down' the best musical investment I've ever made (apart from my 1965 Fender Stratocaster...shhhh)

Nutz...that's too hard so I'll just nominate Windowpane by Opeth.

• That_LionelThat_Lionel Frets: 29

My dog, who is convinced that he's actually a cat.

Northumberland.

To actually remember a scale one day.

It isn't my most expensive bit of gear, but my old 1992 MIJ Jackson Rhoads EX

Enemy of God - Kreator

• TimcasterTimcaster Frets: 1

Hi all!

My name is Tim, thought I would Fender-ise myself, as I'm somewhat partial to their products.

Kingston upon Thames

To play more (and work less) and have fun doing it. Trying to recapture the feeling of gigging as a teenager, rather a long time ago!

Taylor GC7, my best non-human friend, always there when I need to unwind.

Oh blimey, can I do a top 50 instead? Kind of depends what for, but since this is guitar land, I'm going to say Pink Floyd's Time. No wait, hang on what about...

• jebroadjebroad Frets: 1
    Q1; My username is simply my initials and  last name
    Q2; I am based inbetween derby and stoke
    Q3; To just play when and where i can
    Q4; My best gear currently is a dingwall combustion 4
    Q5; Probably within-Daft Punk
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

A local legend in Liverpool who stood on the roadside and got cars, buses and wagons to beep to him. My real name is Martin

Near Oslo, Norway. But originally from Liverpool

I'm still chasing the perfect HM-2 tone for recording purposes

Current guitar is always the best, got some decent pedals to play with and building a home studio. Had a Shaftesbury SG copy that was a dream to play, but of course I was young and traded it in...

Hard to decide between At The Gates and Carcass or Dismember. 

• Almost 40 years after leaving my home town I'm still greeted as Betty's eldest by complete strangers whenever I set foot in Morley.

For the last twenty years I have been in an ugly town in Oxfordshire, surrounded by an area of outstanding natural beauty.

Having recently lost my best mate (and leader of one of the two bands I play with) I want to get some enthusiasm back and start gigging again.

MIM Classic series 50's Telecaster body, with 60's neck and Bare Knuckle Brown sugar pickups.

First band I ever went to see (Queens Hall, Leeds 1973) The Faces - Stay with me.  It's about time I learned to play it.
  • cjolleycjolley Frets: 38

I just came here to write a bit of an introduction.. the format here is surprising but ok!

It's based on parts of my actual name. 

I live in Chester, I work in Liverpool.

I'd love to have some music i've had a hand in on a TV ad, or short film of any description.

My 1976 olympic white strat, that's gone a funny colour (it's gorgeous!)

Not sure if this means one I've made, or that I like.. 
    Impossible to answer either way from modesty or because there are too many good tracks!

A bit more about me, this is what I came here to write!

I started playing guitar when I was about 15, and am now in my mid 30s. 
    Dad took me to a store in Birmingham and we picked out a guitar on a tight budget - a white japanese squier strat, which i still play to this day. 
    I was in a few bands during Uni, and started getting interested in buying / collecting other guitars for easier playing and better variety. This was also spurred by a discovery of Dream Theatre (JP!), Satch, Vai, etc.
    In my late 20s / 30s I got into collecting guitars, and have about 30 or so in various stages of repair, restoration, playability, and of all sorts of vintage. I have quite a few ibanez S series, and a lot of matsumoku guitars too.
    I do love everything Japanese, and vintage especially.

I've been playing keyboard instruments since I was about 7, and you can find 70 or so compositions from myself on SoundCloud. I wont post the link, as I'd hate to be seen as self promoting / spamming - but its easy enough to find based on my username.

Hope to speak to lots of you here!

• Hi rose here newbi 

1. User name came from roses chocolate and shredded wheat breakfast food 

2. England wordsley 

3. Main ambition is to perform on stage

4.best kit hornet overdrive pedal

5. Number one track of all time is far beyond the sun by yngwie 
  • AnacharsisAnacharsis Frets: 200

Greetings, and thank you for accepting my application.

Anacharsis was a "barbarian" philosopher from Scythia in ancient times. He was an object of both humor and admiration to the ancient Greeks. I have partially Greek heritage, but also unsophisticated roots. Our surname refers to a region not far from Scythia, and I'm the first member of my family to set foot on University grounds. Anacharis was friendly but incisive by reputation, and I hope to emulate those qualities.

The United States, just outside of the city of Chicago.

I have never been a fan of performing live. I'm just not mentally built for it. I love writing and recording music, however. I have a day job, but I would love to write and record a film score, among other things.

Probably a guitar that was built to my specs by Thorn Guitars in California (now shut down, as Ron Thorn has moved on to the Fender Custom Shop as a Principal Master Builder.

Changes from day to day. Right now. I am in love again with Bowie's "Heroes."

• Alfi27Alfi27 Frets: 52
    Hello guys, joined a little while ago but didn't know about this until now! 

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My name (Alf), and my birth date! Derives from my younger days when I didn't want to use my birth year to avoid being judged for being too young, haha! 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Currently in Liverpool, but from Stavanger, Norway; the oil headquarter! 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? I'm a student at LIPA and the plan is to become a professional musician, gonna get a band together after the summer in Liverpool, and also recording and hopefully performing in Norway over the summer. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? That's a tough one, the amp I have back home is the best I've ever had, but I think I have to say my rear routed dual humbucker Warmoth Strat which is finished by MJT. Absolutely amazing playing, sounding and looking guitar! 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Constantly changing, right now I am head over heels into Guns N' Roses "new" single Shadow of your Love, I can't believe they didn't include it on Appetite for Destruction to begin with! It's so good...