Working out strumming patterns

What's Hot
Evening everyone, I've been playing about 12 months and have been following the Justin Guitar program, I've been learning Wonderwall...yes I know..but we've all got to start somewhere.

I've got the basic strumming pattern down but at the end of the first verse it ends Cadd9 DSus4 A7Sus4 no matter how many times i listen to the chuffing thing I can't work the pattern out.

Even using Transcribe and slowing it down I still can't make it out whether they're up or down strums...

Any tips in this area would be great as i'm nearly as sick of the song as my beloved Earache..

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    edited May 2018
    If you are a novice then I am going to give you the most useful piece of information you can have.
    Don't try to get every little detail in a particular song.

Get 90% of it and then move onto other things.
    It is entirely likely that Gallagher doesn't play it the same way each time.
    Don't busk it, but don't get stuck on minutiae either.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1083
    Its a similar pattern throughout the song, only the chords change really. You have to keep the 16th note subdivision going on at all times, even when you don't touch the string (called a tie) to keep the groove. If you've got the verse going then you can pretty much keep that in the other sections.
  • ok thanks guys