Newbie looking for wisdom! *Westone Thunder 1*

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413

I must admit to being "of sufficient age" to remember these things, although I was purely a guitarist back then.  My brother was the bassist in the family.  He used a Westone (think it was a Thunder 1A) for years until it got stolen.  He's bought a few more since - normally ones that need some work.  He tends to buy them cheap, and do them up.  They are good instruments.

I've been looking at ads for the Westone Concord recently, as I'm quite interested in getting something medium scale.  It's quite hard to find something of half decent quality in a 32" scale without paying a lot of money.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    Interesting looking bass @Dustisdeadbodies. ;IMHO don't clean away the evidence of its age: rust, scratches etc but do replace the strings and get it looked at by a tech and setup.

And OP, please don't refer to your bass (or guitar) as 'she'. For some reason the use of 'she' to allude to a musical instrument irritates me no end. Thanks.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    What the hell do I do with her?!
    Funkfingers said:
    According to this web page, you are ... incorrect about the presence of a reproductive opening.
    Rocker said:
    please don't refer to your bass (or guitar) as 'she'. For some reason the use of 'she' to allude to a musical instrument irritates me no end.
    It infers that some attempt has been made to copulate with the bass.  :#  The only accessible hole in it is one quarter of an inch wide.  ;)
    Be seeing you.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    What the hell do I do with her?!
    Funkfingers said:
    According to this web page, you are ... incorrect about the presence of a reproductive opening.
    Rocker said:
    please don't refer to your bass (or guitar) as 'she'. For some reason the use of 'she' to allude to a musical instrument irritates me no end.
    It infers that some attempt has been made to copulate with the bass.  :#  The only accessible hole in it is one quarter of an inch wide.  ;)
    You could always wrap something around it if it’s too loose a fit.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    You could always wrap something around it if it’s too loose a fit.
    Is this another Dickie Mint reference?
    Be seeing you.