Top Luthiers

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    yup, stevenage old town, which is a few miles from stevenage town centre.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
    VimFuego said:
    Bit of a mission from Liverpool but may well be worth the trip, thanks.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4308
    VimFuego said:
    Bit of a mission from Liverpool but may well be worth the trip, thanks.
    It really is a fantastic shop. You won’t regret it. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• stevehsteveh Frets: 228
    For my ears, best "American" voice (assuming you're not talking about West Coast modern style) in the UK is Ralph Bown. Others have mentioned him. Try Googling Clive Carroll...

Yes, Ralph costs a bit (rightly) but he has a ton of return work and customers often move their older guitars on while/after Ralph builds them a new one. Best thing to do is give Ralph a buzz and ask. No harm done and the reward may be a guitar from a world-class luthier.  
  • fishfingersfishfingers Frets: 103
    steveh said:
    For my ears, best "American" voice (assuming you're not talking about West Coast modern style) in the UK is Ralph Bown. Others have mentioned him. Try Googling Clive Carroll...

Yes, Ralph costs a bit (rightly) but he has a ton of return work and customers often move their older guitars on while/after Ralph builds them a new one. Best thing to do is give Ralph a buzz and ask. No harm done and the reward may be a guitar from a world-class luthier.  
    If you're interested in Ralph's guitars and want to see a couple of examples  (12 fret 00,OM) send me a pm.
  • dwheeldodwheeldo Frets: 65
    Nick Benjamin and Richard Osbourne. Both amazing instruments!

http://www.osborneguitars.co.uk

You can even do a guitar building course and come away with a fine guitar! One day that will be good to do
    Wis'd. Richard Osborne did a bit of work on my acoustic a few years ago and I had the chance to play a couple of his guitars - phenomenal quality.