Rift Tweed Vee (formally 'V-Front Super 5B4 Build')

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3113
    tFB Trader
    RiftAmps said:

So, this thread is going to document every stage of the research, build, testing, and completion of the V-Front Super, along with my ramblings and thoughts as we go along. I'm going to go full nerd on this, so brace yourself for lots of sums, measurements, and tedious back and forth. I'll include lots and lots of hi-res photos for those that just want to see the process.

So a meticulously documented build, has little to no documentation whatsoever (IP?!)
    Apologies @Winny_Pooh , all of the photos that I'd added to accompany the text had disappeared owing to a change of host server - now fixed and back up for all to see.

I don't see the point anymore. You should move this thread to the made in UK subforum where it belongs. 

Agreed, and good point. I have now moved this thread. Thanks for the advice.

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    RiftAmps said:

So, this thread is going to document every stage of the research, build, testing, and completion of the V-Front Super, along with my ramblings and thoughts as we go along. I'm going to go full nerd on this, so brace yourself for lots of sums, measurements, and tedious back and forth. I'll include lots and lots of hi-res photos for those that just want to see the process.

So a meticulously documented build, has little to no documentation whatsoever (IP?!) and morphs into a sales/promo thread. I don't see the point anymore. You should move this thread to the made in UK subforum where it belongs. 
    This sort of comment will kill the chances of any builder bothering to post here with anything of interest. We have quite a few builders  from amp makers to guitar builders, pickup winders and pedal makers too. All of which are most likely gear nuts because they have taken the obsession into a business venture.

So the V front turned into a business venture.... of course it did, it looks cool as hell, nobody (it seems) has managed to recreate it prior to this  and as such i assume it has garnered a lot of commercial interest...

The fact the V-Front turned into a commercial item is neither here nor there, but doesn't take away from the fact that its a cool looking amp, the build thread was interesting, the results look amazing.

These sorts of threads are always going to tread the line as to whether they are classed as sales promo threads, why? because the OP is a business and anything of positive outcome/ interest will garner a positive promotion response to said business.

So what do builders do, just stay in the UK made subforum and never venture out? this place will become very dull, very quickly.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6807
    I strongly suspect @Winny_Pooh is one of a very few Fretboarders to feel like that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    Chalky said:
    I strongly suspect @Winny_Pooh is one of a very few Fretboarders to feel like that.
    More like @Whiny_Pooh, am I right?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7735
    DefaultM said:
    Chalky said:
    More like @Whiny_Pooh, am I right?
    Agreed, that was a grumpy post. I like the new pics and am genuinely keen to hear this amp. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    Haha glad it was taken in the way intended.