SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gone away to the tip: IT equipment 8-way ethernet switch (hub)

What's Hot
fandangofandango Frets: 2204
edited July 2018 in Misc £
One for you IT bods out there, here's my no-longer-used fast ethernet hub.

Basiccally I'm giving this away - free upon collection.

If you can't make it in person, then postage is £8.50 (based upon ParcelForce).
Basically, I just want to cover my costs of posting via Royal Mail or ParcelForce from my nearest Post Office.

Now chucked out.

Thanks for reading.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1844
    So when I had my extension built I had cat5 cable run from my skyhub up into the loft and across to all the new rooms. I guess this is what I need to connect it all up isn't it

If so I'll take it but you'll have to post mate 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Just be aware 100 mb/s isn't that fast nowadays, that’s slower than typical Wi-fi speeds. Most switches are now gigabit 1000 mb/s, and are only £30 ish.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    mrkb said:
    Just be aware 100 mb/s isn't that fast nowadays, that’s slower than typical Wi-fi speeds. Most switches are now gigabit 1000 mb/s, and are only £30 ish.
    That is true.

@Travisthedog - I wouldn't have a problem if you decided this switch/hub wasn't for you.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    mrkb said:
    I’d love to see you get 100mbps over wifi.

You might possibly manage it if you have 802.11ac and you're sitting on top of the WAP and using only one device.

100mbps is fine unless you're moving around large volumes of data on your internal network.

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Hop skip and bump
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    mrkb said:

You might possibly manage it if you have 802.11ac and you're sitting on top of the WAP and using only one device.

100mbps is fine unless you're moving around large volumes of data on your internal network.

R.
    Well said mate and spot on

Its also worth bearing in mind that a computer is only as fast as its slowest component. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    mrkb said:

R.
    Well said mate and spot on

Its also worth bearing in mind that a computer is only as fast as its slowest component. 
    Which is nearly always the user...
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    nearly always <facepalm>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom