• LewyLewy Frets: 4124
    Personally I’d say yes, a little.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    Your table top will be fine. ;)
    Be seeing you.
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    It's 58% up North so if you need the loan of a humidity friendly room let me know. I will happily take care of your Baranik for you☺
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Technically ‘yes’ - but not in ‘expect damage’ territory. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4286
    Technically ‘yes’ - but not in ‘expect damage’ territory. 
    What he said! 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• fishfingersfishfingers Frets: 103
    Check your local guitar dealer, or guitar-playing friends in your area, and see if they have problems with damage caused by dryness? Personally I wouldn't worry- your guitar is probably far more likely to get damaged by being dropped, bumped into things or having things dropped onto it, than it ever is from being too dry in your home...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11788
    37% for a day or 2 won't kill the guitar, but if you have a Baranik, you should have a humidifier ready for the colder months
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    Think about the average guitar store ( yep the high end ones ) , how long it was on display and the fact that guitars are built to be toured ( including airplane holds ) if the guitar is built correctly from seasoned woods it will survive. It's important to cherish and play a guitar with the same love that it was built, but unless you are living at extremities of world climate ( or you are addicted to over high central heating ) you don't need to stress.. Treat it with the same respect the builder did and you're fine
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stuartryanmusicstuartryanmusic Frets: 172
    edited May 2018
    If can find them the Oasis humidifiers are great - fill them with de-ionised water, pop in the soundhole and be amazed how much water your guitar has drunk a few days later! EDIT - just checked, a place called guitar galleries over here sell them
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    Cheers Stu - have ordered one 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    @stuartryanmusic ;   OK my humidifier (that Oasis one) has arrived - noob question - do you do this in the case, or does it still work when the guitar is 'out' ? 

Also is it ok to leave it in there in either situation - you can't 'over humidify' can you?

ta! 

Red ones are better. 
    Yes, you can overhumidify, hence the popularity in recent years of the Planet Waves/D’addario 2 way system.

I don’t imagine a soundhole humidifier will “win” over a dry room if left out, but no first hand experience as I’ve only ever had to de-humidify and my good guitars always live in cases.

• Hi Tim, I generally leave mine in the case (also worth bearing in mind that if it's a wooden case you'll probably end up humidifying that a little too!). They are fine to leave out as well, I first encountered them when the guys at Collings showed them to me on their trade stand, the humidifiers were in them all the time for the shows. I only use them when the hygrometer shows a  particularly dry day or when the guitar just feels like it needs some moisture - the effect is especially apparent on my old Martin even though the wood dried out on that a long time ago.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3489
    Lewy said:
    Yes, you can overhumidify, hence the popularity in recent years of the Planet Waves/D’addario 2 way system.

I don’t imagine a soundhole humidifier will “win” over a dry room if left out, but no first hand experience as I’ve only ever had to de-humidify and my good guitars always live in cases.
    I'd say the 2 way dehumidifiers are really for guitar owners in tropical climates, eg South East Asia and so on where they have humidity of 70% + for long durations of time.  
    edited May 2018
    Lewy said:

I'd say the 2 way dehumidifiers are really for guitar owners in tropical climates, eg South East Asia and so on where they have humidity of 70% + for long durations of time.  
    In many parts of the UK it's very easy to end up with RH north of 60-65% for most of the year. Dehumidification is most definitely not just for the tropics. The 2 way system I'm referring to are the gel packs that keep the inside of a case somewhere between 45-50%. Fairly cheap solution if you keep your instruments cased.