Carbon fiber acoustic guitars custom made

What's Hot
SbrothersSbrothers Frets: 4
edited May 2018 in Made in the UK
Good morning guys,
We would like to introduce ourselves to you all. We are called Sbrothers Composite instruments, we hand-make 100% carbon fiber guitars based in Derbyshire Uk.

As everyone will know starting a business on your own is very hard. We have done everything ourselves website, photos etc. So they are not yet perfect but getting there. Our website is www.sbrotherscomposite.co.uk we are in the process of getting it to higher standards.

If anyone would like to try our guitars you are more than welcome to come to our workshop and try them but so you can get an idea of the unique sound please see the YouTube review one of our customers has done with his SB-02 custom made carbon guitar which he compares it to his Martins D35. https://youtu.be/bb3AwkZttdo

We have 3 different models at the moment Dreadnought, Auditorium and a Roundback (Also an Electric guitar which is coming soon.)

Please let us know if you would like more information or advise. We are happy to contribute to the forum. 
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    I played these guitars at the Bristol show, honestly fantastic and the carbon is top notch. Best part.. .. no pressure to buy etc, a lovely bunch of guys who really knew their stuff,

Get some pics of your guitars up! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SbrothersSbrothers Frets: 4
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment @strangefan very glad you liked them. I will upload some pictures tomorrow.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7734
    Nice
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
     A pleasure your guitars are something truly brilliant....
    I will own  one... One day :) 
    Thank you @Winny_pooh :) 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491
    I played these guitars at the Bristol show, honestly fantastic and the carbon is top notch. 
    Seems that way.  

I listened to their clips and they seem to be the fullest sounding of CF guitars I have come across.  Always difficult to gauge a guitar's quality by YT videos but I'd say their guitars sound a richer and superior in tonality than the more well more well known CF guitar makers eg Rainsong & Emerald.  

I was very impressed with the SBros guitar sound through onboard amplification as well. 

IMO, best CF guitar I have heard so far.  

@Sbrothers just out of interest around how much do your guitars weigh?  Do you plan to make to make any other body sizes eg an OM? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @earwighoney Thank you for your great comment.! Yes I agree with you our guitars have a very unique tone very much different to rainsong & emerald, which that is what we wanted to achieve so thank you for your compliment :) The weight of them range from 2kg-2.4kg.
    We custom build any guitar requested if this interests you? 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491
    Sbrothers said:
    @earwighoney Thank you for your great comment.! Yes I agree with you our guitars have a very unique tone very much different to rainsong & emerald, which that is what we wanted to achieve so thank you for your compliment :) The weight of them range from 2kg-2.4kg.
    We custom build any guitar requested if this interests you? 
    Thanks for the info, 2kg seems very light indeed, and with a light shell case IMO your guitars would make a great gigging acoustic. 

I'm not looking for a new acoustic right now, but just my uneducated suggestion is possibly an OM sized model could be tempting to those who may be interested. 
    edited May 2018
    Yes they are perfect for gigging indoors and outdoors. Hopefully in the near future we will have OM, bass guitars etc  
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    I reckon a 330/335 style beast would work well in a CF construction.
    @mr-mac wow yes would be amazing hopefully soon.! 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    I keep seeing thie thread and thinking "Tsk, tsk - it's carbon fibre!".
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Hi @Sbrothers ..are they all currently the same colour ?...I find that CF style a bit car dashboard....;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Good morning @spark240 they are available in different carbon fiber colours but if you like the idea of a carbon fiber guitar but don’t want the carbon viewable it’s possible as we can spray paint it different colours which also looks great. Thanks for your message. 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Sbrothers said:
    Good morning @spark240 they are available in different carbon fiber colours but if you like the idea of a carbon fiber guitar but don’t want the carbon viewable it’s possible as we can spray paint it different colours which also looks great. Thanks for your message. 
    Cool...do you have any images of said different colours?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview