Baggs M1 vs M80

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
Anyone actually used both and able to offer comment?

ta
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    I am pretty sure that @ICBM passed comments on these two products - amongst others - in a thread about installing electronics into a baby acoustic guitar. Chances are, he has installed both products at some time and formed an opinion of their relative merits.
    Be seeing you.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    I am pretty sure that @ICBM passed comments on these two products - amongst others - in a thread about installing electronics into a baby acoustic guitar. Chances are, he has installed both products at some time and formed an opinion of their relative merits.
    Not me... I've never tried the M80.

I had an M1A for a while - I liked it at first, but after a while I started to notice an annoying midrange 'overtoney' sound to it which grated too much when I began to hear it all the time.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2316
    I have both actually - well actually the M1a is the takemine version, but its the same pickup.  At a recent gig, the sound engineer said of my simon & patrick acoustic which has the m80 in it that it was the best sounding acoustic he'd ever heard.    The other guitar player had a 2k moon semi acoustic (not sure which pickup it was but it was piezo I think)

Personally I find them they're both excellent.  Not sure the M80 is worth the extra mullah tho.   
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    ICBM said:
    I've never tried the M80. I had an M1A for a while
    I was half right - as usual.  B)
    Be seeing you.