Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Here you go... quick and dirty industrial???? version....

Kept the kick, bass, chorus gtr and vocs... 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    poopot said:
    Here you go... quick and dirty industrial???? version....

Kept the kick, bass, chorus gtr and vocs... 
    Nice!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14404
    Roadrunner twice.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    Nice work guys. Loving the remixes especially -  some great additional grooves in there. 

@poopot - what AKG headphones are you using with that plug in? 
    Nice work guys. Loving the remixes especially -  some great additional grooves in there. 

@poopot - what AKG headphones are you using with that plug in? 
    Couldn’t tell you the model number, had them a good while now. They sound very flat tho’ and have a very good range.

That plug-in makes a difference when you have headphones on. It gives you a bit of crossover between the ears, makes it appear that you are sat in front of monitors. It’s free and cuts the audio after 3 minutes but just hit stop and play and it starts up again... just turn it off before you bounce your final stereo track!.
    Thanks @poopot I got a pair of AKG phones last week which are a huge step up from the £10 Sony ones I've used on everything I've mixed so far. Sadly monitors are not possible for me just now. That plug in sounds interesting. I was wondering about the model number in the event I could nick the settings you use for the plug in. 
    Thanks @poopot I got a pair of AKG phones last week which are a huge step up from the £10 Sony ones I've used on everything I've mixed so far. Sadly monitors are not possible for me just now. That plug in sounds interesting. I was wondering about the model number in the event I could nick the settings you use for the plug in. 
    I’ll be honest, I just used the “full blown” preset.

I have this also. https://www.112db.com/plugins/redline/monitor/
    Easier to dial in as it’s got a nice GUI but it’s a paid for jobbie. Again, turn it off before you bounce the final track...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27419
    I'd love to play.

I'm part way through a load of Udemy courses on mixing, production, et al because I realised how much I didn't know about those dark arts.

When I'm done, I'll play.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Hang on... I assume it's Mac only... Never mind then 
    TTony said:
    I'd love to play.

I'm part way through a load of Udemy courses on mixing, production, et al because I realised how much I didn't know about those dark arts.

When I'm done, I'll play.
    :)
    Files sent!..

Hang on... I assume it's Mac only... Never mind then 
    Both those plugins are pc and Mac!...
    just had a look, my headphones are AKG K275.
    some great additional grooves in there. 
    Lovingly stolen from Eric Persing of Spectrasonics Incorporated.

The plug-in software Instrument is named Stylus RMX but the loops I used were all drawn from the Metamorphosis library. (So old that it is now only offered as a special order Legacy Product.) 

In Host Sync mode, Stylus RMX locks into the project tempo and transport controls. It truly does play itself. Subtle use of randomisation controls keeps it from sounding too samey. The human artefacts of The Chicken Thieves' performance kinda float around the strict tempo electronic beat.

Meanwhile, I can now safely reveal that the tremolo-like effect on the Clean Riff Guitar part is actually a step filter. It must have been either the first or second factory preset on the pull-down menu. I immediately liked what it did so, I kept it. The only parameter that I altered was the wet/dry balance. This was because the effect was being used as an Insert rather than on an Aux buss.

The auto-wah effect on the clean strummed chords track came from Apple Logic Pedalboard. I had to run it through the Pedalboard A/B mixer to balance the proportion of filtering effect to the dry signal. 

I am reluctant to write out enormous lists of what I did because, for the most part, I was just mucking about until something that I found interesting happened. For some reason, it is far easier to behave in this way towards the recordings of others than it is on one's own.

Funkfingers said:

for the most part, I was just mucking about until something that I found interesting happened. For some reason, it is far easier to behave in this way towards the recordings of others than it is on one's own.

I wouldn't know. I would respect the source material at all times and resist all temptation to edit it to the point it was unrecognisable...  ;)

Great result though. Kudos 
    flying_pie said:
    I would respect the source material at all times and resist all temptation to edit it to the point it was unrecognisable...  ;)
    Thread starter invited down and dirty danceable remixes.

I melded the bitcrusher distortion of Trent Reznor with the wilful, "try it anyway" semi-randomness of Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt's Oblique Strategies. (I do not possess any of the actual card sets. I disagree with those who rigidly follow the instructions on the cards. I just steal the notion of throwing in ideas that conventional thinking says will not work.) 

If I attempt another remix in a few days, it will probably be different again. If I could be arsed, I would cut up the music and vocal phrases so that they could be manipulated even further. 
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I'd like to have a go too and get some feedback, although it won't be until the later part of the week. 
    I'd like to have a go too and get some feedback, although it won't be until the later part of the week. 
    Files sent!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Thanks @poopot.  I had a look and may be over my head here!  
    Thanks @poopot.  I had a look and may be over my head here!  
    Should be ok dude!... not the best recording to listen too over and over tho’! :)
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Is there a time limit on this? Still finishing off my cover...
    IMC1980 said:
    Is there a time limit on this? Still finishing off my cover...
    I wouldn't have thought so. 

I only finished the first challenge last Friday night...