Anybody want drums on recordings?

mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
Have seen @horse offer to add keyboards to recordings and thought “I could do that” for drums.

Ive been playing for 3 years, have a good electronic kit (so can provide just a midi track if needed) but also have various VST kits (superior drummer and addictive drums).

im looking for projects where I can work on trying out different styles and finding “what works” with basslines etc. I’m rock/blues
biased but can give any styles a go. Haven’t done this sort of thing before but happy to give it a go! PM me if your interested.

Karma......
Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• horsehorse Frets: 1563
    I reckon you might have a fair amount of interest as many people hate programming drum tracks or find it tricky.

@victorludorum
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 998
    Never a truer word has been spoken!
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1806
    That's a great offer. Message sent 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Ok, looks like there’s a bit of interest, so I need to setup my laptop. How do people usually exchange the original song idea files - sending a rough mix in MP3 format?

@horse - how do you usually record your parts- put original MP3 in one daw track, and record a few takes in others, then export individual tracks and email back?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    mrkb said:
    Ok, looks like there’s a bit of interest, so I need to setup my laptop. How do people usually exchange the original song idea files - sending a rough mix in MP3 format?

@horse - how do you usually record your parts- put original MP3 in one daw track, and record a few takes in others, then export individual tracks and email back?
    Yeah pretty much. I'll tend to send back my first ideas as 'close enough' takes without agonising too much - just in case they have something completely different in mind.

I send back wavs via WeTransfer, sometimes with an MP3 rough mix of what I was thinking to give more context
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Interesting. Are you charging for services or doing it for the fun of it?

I have a bit of a problem track. I usually knock out drums myself but this one is in 3/4 (I think) and I just can't get the feel at all. I bought a backing track and recorded a Youtube video. It was all ready to post but then I looked at the small print and apparently they want £70 if I use it! So yeah, now I'm trying to produce my own backing based on the one I bought, and stalling somewhat on the drums.