New bridge

kinkin Frets: 1015
   I bought an Ibanez RG 547 a couple of years ago, had it set up and while i like the guitar overall, i have decided i'm not keen on the Edge trem and locking nut.

Is it possible to replace this with an evertune or other hardtail bridge ? I'm assuming that the cavity under the trem would need to be filled first and i'm not sure that it then would be strong enough ( the body is apparently light Ash .)

I've a feeling your going to tell me i'd be better off leaving well alone and buying something else with features i want but i'm curious as to whether it can be done, i'd be giving it to a tech not trying it myself.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7761
    It can be done but the cost and resulting value make bad financial sense. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72203
    Sell it and buy a hardtail RG. It's the only sensible way really.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• kinkin Frets: 1015
    Cheers lads , i thought that might be the case.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14404
    The vibrato bridge could be locked off with the Tremol-No device. Obviously, this makes no difference to whatever irks you about the nut string clamp end of the double locking system.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.