And for the click-lazy...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14322
    Trust you to find that. You're so vein.
    Be seeing you.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Trust you to find that. You're so vein.
    If you look carefully you can see the scrotal moulting...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    It looks like something Music Outlet Shop would have, that was once a Gibson bass...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

ICBM said:
    It looks like something Music Outlet Shop would have, that was once a Gibson bass...
    They presumably intended it to look like that from the off tho...!
    Who can say? 

The origins of the Whip It guitar and the Eastwood recreation are fairly evident. Essentially, a Les Paul Custom with the lower horn cut off on a curve, flipped upside down and, then, reattached the wrong way about. In some respects, a precursor to the Fernandes Ravelle.

ICBM said:
    The features of the Be Stiff bass suggest that it has one thing in common with the infamous MOS object. They both started out as an EB-3 or a copy of one. 

If you look carefully, you can see the scrotal moulting...
    So, an orange phallus? A Donald Trump signature model? A tangerine tree or, maybe, a "lawsuit" replica of a development prototype for the Gibson Corvus?
    Be seeing you.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    I would def rock that  but then again  I do love a bit of devo
    I would def rock that  but then again  I do love a bit of devo
    I’d feel far too self conscious!!
    Bridgehouse said:
    I’d feel far too self conscious!!
    Impossible.
    Be seeing you.
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 128
    Who can say? 

The origins of the Whip It guitar and the Eastwood recreation are fairly evident. Essentially, a Les Paul Custom with the lower horn cut off on a curve, flipped upside down and, then, reattached the wrong way about. In some respects, a precursor to the Fernandes Ravelle.

ICBM said:
    The features of the Be Stiff bass suggest that it has one thing in common with the infamous MOS object. They both started out as an EB-3 or a copy of one. 
    The Be Stiff bass was indeed an EB3 neck, but the body was a custom build with using spare parts. There was also a 'spud' bass earlier on which was a Ripper with the horns sawn off - not to be confused with the later Ibanez Potato/Cloud commissioned by BOB 1.

Can't pretend to be The Absolute Expert on their gear, but I've been BOB 2 in a tribute for the last two years now so we've had to do some pretty deep diving! Happily my stuff basically comes down to Gibson L6s and Ibanez Talmans so I haven't had to do much handsaw work, but we've dehorned a few guitars and a jazz for the devolution cause...