Two gigs in the next few weeks...

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4944
... and hard at work preparing for them. The first is the annual Royal Canal Ammenity Group Family Day - an outdoor event. So fingers crossed that it won't rain! The second gig is in the local school hall. The Pope is visiting Ireland this year and the gathering in the school hall is part of the preparation for the Papal visit.

I am playing bass at these gigs, the same program of songs will be used for both events but it is expected that there will be a 'lot' of dancers at the parish hall gig. So no pressure then. 
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    Good luck Rocker!
    What's on the set list? Shout at the Devil!  ;) 
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1806
    Good luck Rocker!
    What's on the set list? Shout at the Devil!  ;) 
    Pope-a Don't Preach? 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    Rocker said:
    Pope ... a 'lot' of dancers
    Dave Allen sketch, right there!
    Be seeing you.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1806
    Rocker said:
    Pope ... a 'lot' of dancers
    Dave Allen sketch, right there!
    Or a great opportunity to play the Benny Hill theme 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4944
    The gig went very well. Factor 50 weather, it was an outdoor gig by the harbour of the Royal Canal. Everything sounds different outdoors and you always think you need to turn up the volume. When it is at 10, there is nowhere to go. An 11 might have helped but the clip light on my Markbass flashed occasionally. Enjoyable experience though I was very tired after loading the kit into the car after the gig.

One amusing incident happened at the gig. Most of the time I play bass with thumb behind the neck, we were playing something when I noticed a maroon coloured insect (about a centimetre and a half long) had landed on the fretboard marker at the fifth fret. I kept on playing being careful not to crush him with my thumb. He proceeded to walk towards the headstock along the fretboard/neck join and settled into the E string machine slot where he remained for at least a half hour. The band members thought this was lucky and funny as he 'must be a music lover'. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum