Janglebox - anyone use one?

What's Hot
Grocer_JackGrocer_Jack Frets: 62
in FX
Any opinions? I'm looking for that authentic Byrds sound. I have tried other compressors for this and haven't liked any of them. Especially interested in the JB Nano.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 11489
    I had a Janglebox 2. The EQ was good, the boost barely used, and it wasn't that quiet. The Diamond Compressor was much better. 

An authentic Byrds sound is the sound of compressors in series being nailed into the mixing board. 
    Clarity over quantity.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 881
    No experience with the Janglebox, but if you're really going for a McGuinn sound, don't overlook the treble booster too.  He had a Vox Treble Booster circuit installed in his Ric 12.  I built a 2-in-1 from a pair of pedalparts kits - a Vox Treble Booster into a modified Orange Squeezer - and with the OS set for a fairly heavy squash, it gets pretty close.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • NervousJohnNervousJohn Frets: 166
    Keep in mind a janglebox is basically a Ross/dynacomp clone with more treble. So one of those turned up full with a treble boost should get you some of the way there. 

And learn to hybrid pick a Rickenbacker. That probably has a larger effect.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 273

I had a Jangle box 2, bought and then sold on here.

It was fun but I found it more useful for recording than playing live.

• Grocer_JackGrocer_Jack Frets: 62
    Great input folks - thanks. I had a Dynacomp and didn't like it, however that was before I put toasters in my Ricky. Might be worth another try, but it's the combination of treble boost & comp that really appeals.  
  • DominicDominic Frets: 3712
    good old school treble boosters are so useful for so many sounds and so overlooked in favour of newer ,allegedly cleverer boutique pedals with fancier trendier names
    there,I said it 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Grocer_JackGrocer_Jack Frets: 62
    Yeah in my first proper band (1980) I played a Les Paul copy into a Watkins Westminster with a treble booster in between. I actually don't know the name of it - it was a weird grey metallic thing with gain and I think volume controls along with a 6 band graphic eq. About the size of a big muff. I thought it sounded great at the time but thankfully no recordings have survived :)