Line 6 Helix HX effects unit leaked....

What's Hot

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Dominic said:
    At £399 even I’m going to get one and I already have a Helix
    They will get cheaper as soon as secondhand ones start floating around regularly under £400
    Why buy new anyway?
    For something like this, for me, a. 3 year guarantee is worth paying a few quid extra
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited May 2018
    I agree ^^ given that they did have some teething problems with the first units, which I have now been ironed out.

It's sounding more attractive by the day but I still want to hear a decent demo of the drives and how they hold up to the pedals they're modelled on e.g. Xotic EP, Timmy, OCD etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2582
    I'm interested in one of these (or possibly the LT) but the drives are key for me too.  I'm not a big effects user and my M9 is more than enough for my non-dirt needs.  An all in one unit that allowed me to leave the drive pedals at home would be very appealing though.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • Kebabkid said:
    I agree ^^ given that they did have some teething problems with the first units, which I have now been ironed out.

It's sounding more attractive by the day but I still want to hear a decent demo of the drives and how they hold up to the pedals they're modelled on e.g. Xotic EP, Timmy, OCD etc
    https://youtu.be/tbZDjP-Jn0M
    The Xotic EP booster was the one pedal I kept as I loved it, since they introduced the Helix one, it's gone, the Helix one sounds exactly the same to me
    Just totted up the cost of my 'little gig with real amp' board, PT junior, boss CS-2, EP booster, box of rock clone, zoom ms50g and a cheap hotone pedal switcher and PSU, all in about £500 which makes the HX effects look like a total bargain!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9443
    Update on my own journey...

Rehearsed on Monday evening with the band. Ive had a small breakout box made for my Redplate amp, and effortlessly got the HX switching amp channels.

Added a coule of effects and it all sounded magnificent - it really did. I did find the HX a bit small footswitch wise, and def missed the ‘size’ and screen of the Helix floor. I also found the routing on the small screen more difficult...

I’m gonna buy a Helix Floor (again) now my Helix knowledge has increased, and see how that compares.

Also, Id love a second small amp with the Redplate (something Vox, Matchless ish) and maybe the Helix could provide this ? 

Channel A:  Helix (effects only) -> Redplate

Channel B:  Helix (Matchless) -> 1x12 speaker/DXR10

We shall see.... :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

Rehearsed on Monday evening with the band. Ive had a small breakout box made for my Redplate amp, and effortlessly got the HX switching amp channels.

Added a coule of effects and it all sounded magnificent - it really did. I did find the HX a bit small footswitch wise, and def missed the ‘size’ and screen of the Helix floor. I also found the routing on the small screen more difficult...

I’m gonna buy a Helix Floor (again) now my Helix knowledge has increased, and see how that compares.

Also, Id love a second small amp with the Redplate (something Vox, Matchless ish) and maybe the Helix could provide this ? 

3 months time, you'll ditch the redplate and run a stereo rig from helix through a pair of DXR, because its easier than taking the redplate too, and sounds 95% similar.

6 months time, you'll want something more simple, and go back to redplate and no pedals

9 months you'll add a HXfx to the mix again... and then this will go on forever and ever in a never ending loop :)

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3754
    edited May 2018
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it, @Wazmeister . How come the mighty Rambler doesn't get a look in?
  • edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153
    Just bought one yesterday to have a little look as well, hopefully will get a chance to actually play it tonight.
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    I also got one yesterday to use for my acoustic as buying a few individual pedals was starting to cost just as much. Also means that when the day comes when I have an electric guitar again I already have all the effects I need
    sgosden said:

3 months time, you'll ditch the redplate and run a stereo rig from helix through a pair of DXR, because its easier than taking the redplate too, and sounds 95% similar.

6 months time, you'll want something more simple, and go back to redplate and no pedals

9 months you'll add a HXfx to the mix again... and then this will go on forever and ever in a never ending loop :)

You know, sounds about right ;)

Lebarque said:
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it, @Wazmeister . How come the mighty Rambler doesn't get a look in?
    The mighty Rambler is my ‘home’ and ‘clean live’ amp...

The Redplate is more suited to The Jam style stuff we do as a band. :)
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2316
    Mine is growing on me the more I use it.  I'm actually really liking  some of the drives on it. 

The modulations still aren't up  there with the mobius tho
  • althyalthy Frets: 92
    thomasw88 said:
    Mine is growing on me the more I use it.  I'm actually really liking  some of the drives on it. 

The modulations still aren't up  there with the mobius tho
    that and also the reverbs sound cheap somehow.. nothing in the league of a bigsky/space/rv500

• You guys tried putting the reverbs and mods on a parallel path yet?
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2316
    You guys tried putting the reverbs and mods on a parallel path yet?
    yes. it sounds different and sometimes makes them sound better. The difference to me is that I can just dial around the mobius factory presets and then with a tiny bit of tweaking get a modulation sound that makes me smile. The HX just isn't comparable, and I really can't get on with the trem
  • thomasw88 said:
    You guys tried putting the reverbs and mods on a parallel path yet?
    yes. it sounds different and sometimes makes them sound better. The difference to me is that I can just dial around the mobius factory presets and then with a tiny bit of tweaking get a modulation sound that makes me smile. The HX just isn't comparable, and I really can't get on with the trem
    I found the best trem was the one modelled after the tr2. Think it’s just called tremolo 

• DominicDominic Frets: 16000
    I think the Reverbs in all Line 6 are the weakest link ......but I like the Trem especially the Harmonic Trem
  • Dominic said:
    I think the Reverbs in all Line 6 are the weakest link ......but I like the Trem especially the Harmonic Trem
    Even the new HX reverbs?