SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Sterling-By-Musicman RAY34CA, £450

What's Hot
FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
edited October 2018 in Basses £
Crafted in Indonesia, slab bodied, 2-band EQ, opaque cream body finish, rosewood fingerboard, brown torty pickguard. S-By-MM gig bag, Allen keys, truss rod adjustment rod tool. Nicely set up.

https://i.imgur.com/RM3egBP.jpg?1

Home and studio use only. Light scuffing here and there. No fret wear.

This exact model is discontinued. It nearest equivalent retails for about £900. Selling for £475 with stock pickup or £525 with Bartolini MMC.

Not really interested in exchange offers unless they involve several of my items against one expensive item of yours. Try me anyway. 

SOLD on eBay.

Be seeing you.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    One year bump.

I shall be in the Gwent, Somerset, Gloucestershire area on Saturday 19th. Motorway services car park meetings a speciality. :)
    Be seeing you.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    To whoever LOL'ed. Take a map. Draw a circle around the three counties mentioned. Draw a second circle of the same diameter, centred on, for the sake of argument, Worcester. The two circles should overlap a little.

Thus, my travels should bring any guitars that I carry with me into close proximity to the HarrySeven warehouse event horizon. Perhaps, a few of them could slip beyond the point of no return? If I am lucky, money might come my way. More likely, a heap of half-finished project guitars.
    Be seeing you.
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 829
    Umm,  Trade for a John Birch thru neck bass? 

It was a prototype / one off that they made in their Nottingham workshop a couple of years ago.  As such,  it's a really nice quality bass,  but perhaps not finished to the 100% perfection you might expect on a retail model or customer order... 

http://www.johnbirchguitarsuk.com
    That link takes me as far as the JB home page. The Modern Bass Guitars product pages illustrate nothing. The Bass Gallery includes photographs of a natural finish, through neck, four string bass guitar. Is this what you wanted me to look at?

Be seeing you.
    The Bass Gallery includes photographs of a natural finish, through neck, four string bass guitar. Is this what you wanted me to look at?

Not specifically as my bass won't be on the web, I just put the link in so you could see about John Birch. If you might be interested I can email you pics.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I can not form any opinion without first seeing photographs of the actual instrument that you are offering. 
    Be seeing you.
    Apologies,  I've just followed the link to the bass gallery section and that is my bass - I didn't realise it was on there. 
    Can you tell me anything about the pickups in your John Birch bass guitar?
    Be seeing you.
    Not a lot,  sorry.  Just that they're a soap bar type.  I don't know if they're JB's in house ones or just a generic off the shelf pickup.  I'd describe them as fairly low output with a mellow character. 
    In that case, I must politely decline your offer of a trade. 

If you can sell the Birch locally, I would be happy to accept cash.
    Be seeing you.
    Ok, cheers for letting me know.
    TdF cobbles bump
    Be seeing you.