SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Roasted Maple/Rosewood USACG Tele neck, Hipshot Griplok Tuners

What's Hot
DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
edited May 2018 in Parts £
Lovely Tele neck from Tommy at USA Custom Guitars made from roasted maple with a Rosewood board lovely chunky “V” profile & big frets, specs are:

Radius, looks like it’s a compound 9.5-12”
Fret size 2.5mm ish wide
1.3mm ish high,
No/negligible wear
Nut width 43.5mm
Heel width 55.6mm
Neck depth 1st fret 22.9mm
Neck depth 12th fret 25.2mm
Soft Shoulder Vee 
Heavily rolled fingerboard edges v, comfy 
And the roasted maple feels ever so smooth in the hand.
If you’re not familiar with USACG check out their website 

The Head guy is ex Warmoth and has a great rep for making high quality necks & bodies, my personal favourite of Warmoth, Musikraft,Allparts etc

Only slight “ugly” as you’ll see in the pics is that the original owner made a bit of an arse of installing the threaded neck bolt inserts. I took them out, used a Tap & did kit to thread the neck properly and now they’re inserted properly and the tatty bits are hidden when installed.
I do have bolts to go with it.

£100 SOLD

Also got some Hipshot Griplok Open Gear, staggered height locking Tuners. Again, real quality kit, kind of like a more finessed Sperzel, lighter and with a better tuning ratio. Really hard to buy in the UK, I’ve previously resorted to importing them from the US.

https://i.imgur.com/zFb8Ltd.jpg

£50 SOLD
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'll take the neck please!
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    Pants - too slow.     2nd dins please!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    Bargain neck @DrBob !!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    Hang on chaps, hang on.

Full disclosure time, in looking at the neck again after Knuckleberry expressed an interest I noticed this

https://i.imgur.com/JPUVQdb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/T3kedcr.jpg

Which is a further ugly.

Upon speaking to the original owner (who’s blushes I shall spare as he is one of the congregation), in his zeal to get the neck inserts in he actually managed to put a crack in the heel, which is not brill.
    it’s been glued & clamped and further to that I have had it on a guitar & Strung up to tension without incident and again you don’t see it when in situ but I don’t think I can sell it without pointing it out.

so yes, if you’re still interested hit me up, might do a bit on the price, especially if you’re after the Tuners too,

cheers
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    Sold, Pending the usual !