NGD - new guitar day - Ibanez Artcore Vintage ASV10a TRL

TheDarkLordTheDarkLord Frets: 34
Hooray.  New guitar days are always good.  Here's my brand new Ibanez Artcore Vintage ASV10a TRL.

Never had an Ibanez before, but wanted something different and couldn't resist this at the price.

It's great.  Nice low action.  Great feeling neck and fretboard. Plays real easy.  Nowhere near as heavy as my old Gibson 335 Dot.  Probably as the body is a good bit thinner.  Nice balance too.  None of the slight neck dive that I get with 335 models.

Sound is a lot cleaner than I was expecting.  I think that is a thing with Ibanez hollow and semi hollows.  They're targeted at the jazz market I guess.  I like the sound as I'm a single coil Tele person really and find buckers a bit heavy.  So these thinner-sounding buckers - I like.

Looks great, plays great, sounds great and a great price.  What's not to like.  Epic win I say!

fullsizeoutput_13cf fullsizeoutput_13d0 R7Onlv32STe9gQMnuzviA IMG_5424
Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    artcore are great guitars always liked them and everyone needs a 335!  Looks great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    lovely ! congrats
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    That's an unusual kind of reliccing - I really like the look of the guitar.

It's nice and slim too. Better stop looking at it before I want one lol
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    That looks great.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Lovely, I was just thinking I need a semi-hollow and that looks like just the job....
  • TheDarkLordTheDarkLord Frets: 34
    The original ones were "brown" - or maybe "wood" coloured.  They look OK - but this one, in what they call "red low gloss" was the clincher to me.  Looks more "guitar coloured".  I've played it a lot more and I just love it.
    Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5752
    I have a similar beastie and I love it. By far the cheapest guitar I’ve bought and absolutely doesn’t feel it. 

I thjnk you may have hit the nail on the head about why I like the pickups and most people seem not to as well.