Wireless guitar transceivers ?

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
Anyone wireless on their guitar ?  I'm considering giving it a go as there are some very cheap 2.4GHz units on eBay.  44.1KHz, 16bit.  I'm getting tired of tripping over my leads.
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    I have a Smooth Hound that works fine - and purchased for the same reason of not wanting to trip over my twisted cables.

There's one in the classifieds right now: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/132082/
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1079
    Been using my Line 6 G50 for 5 years now. Good sturdy piece of kit, plug in and play no real setup with finding frequencies needed as its all digital.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    I have a Smooth Hound. Pretty simple and efficient. Doesn’t like being right next to the modem at home.

Some people seem to have issues with wireless systems and  vintage style fuzzes so if you use one of them might be an issue. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1367
    Another Smooth Hound user. I had Heistercamp make me a pouch on one of their straps to hold mine. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Smooth Hound user here as well ;-)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26451
    I'm gonna buck the trend here...I've got the Xvive U2, and it's spot on. No cable emulation, but I quite like the extra zing it gives the attack (since I use single coils, it really emphasises it at high gain, which is a good contrast to the other guitarist in the band).

I upgraded from the Rowin WS-20, which are still pretty great - no noticeable latency, good battery life and about £60 from Dawsons. In fact, in use they're practically indistinguishable from the Xvive, Line 6 G30 or any of the other common ones around. The only reason I upgraded is that my Jaden Rose guitars have a recessed jack that they won't fit in.
    <space for hire>
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    Smooth hound user here. Awesome bit of kit and British-made. I had to play in a much smaller place the other day and took my smaller board and plugged in with a cable. I forgot what a complete faff it is.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26451
    Smooth hound user here. Awesome bit of kit and British-made. I had to play in a much smaller place the other day and took my smaller board and plugged in with a cable. I forgot what a complete faff it is.
    I really would've loved to go with Smoothhound, but I just use the Helix live and it would actually have been more of a faff to get the wireless unit cabled up...hence going with the bug-type ones.
    <space for hire>
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Love smooth hound.  Sounds same as cable and i can get it to same volume as cable without clipping which a schennheiser and another unit i borrowed couldn't.  The underwound paf's huge dynamics seemed to clip other units before i could get to same volume as cable ;)
  • BGGBGG Frets: 688
    I've been using a 3rd hand Line6 G30 and I love it.
    #thebatesmotelband
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I’ve got the Smooth Hound and a Line6 G10. Smooth Hound for gigs, G10 for home/studio.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
    Just for the hell of it, I’m going to buy the cheapest one I can find - an “Ammoon e5r3”, £13 delivered!!  I’m fully expecting it to be crap but I spend that on a pizza, so no big loss if it’s awful.  You never know - it might be half decent.  It’s only a short range radio transmitter at the end of the day. Hardly a complex bit of gear and easy to get the required frequency response with the cheap components available these days.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9445
    I use the G10, and have tried the X-Vive.

Like the G10, apart from that USB connector thingy.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    I expect the pizza will sound better as a wireless unit than something costing £15.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
    Hahaha!   You never know...  I shall be the forum Guinea pig for cheap shit  =)
  • papashandypapashandy Frets: 7
    I’ve been using a Shure wireless for a few years now. I love it. The freedom to wander around the house when practicing and do things like make a cup of tea mid song is great. Sometimes I go direct into the amp to stop myself getting distracted by pedals, there is a slight difference in sound but I wouldn’t say it’s better or worse, just a little different. I used to worry that the tone police would come and arrest me for using a wireless system with a Lazy J20 but now I don’t care, it still sounds great to me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Be brighter as no cable.... @papashandy plug your normal or a long guitar cable between reciver and amp and see if it sounds same as without ;)
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    +1 on the smoothhound. I use three transmitters and one receiver. Each guitar has its own transmitter so as I put one down I turn it off and as I pick the next one up I press on. Works seamlessly and is very fast for changeovers. Not had any issues with the smooth hound except once when first turning it on. I turned it off and on again and got clear strong signal again.

• trolleytrolley Frets: 88

Used a Line 6 G30 live for several years, then bought a G90 to put in my Helix rack setup.

No issues with either unit

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8175
    I have a Line 6 G10. It is both liberating and brilliant to be free of your amp - leads feel so restricting after you get used to going without them.

BUT......the f***ing thing has packed up TWICE in less than a year. Each time, Line 6 have insisted I post it to them at my expense for a repair. I told them that I really wanted a refund but no joy.

Working ok now but I would never trust the bastard thing fully.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis