Solo of the Month (SotM) #36 - Chat

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    Bezzer said:
    OK, entry sent ... I'm sorry, I'm very, very sorry!

I promised myself I'd enter these every month but as usual life got in the way and I forgot.  I have had literally 5 minutes tonight before going to rehearsal and that's my last in time until past deadline ... so this is what you get.

Honestly I feel dirty and ashamed, the playing isn't great and the fact I used a musicman monitored through my Quincy Jones headphones ... I just ... well, when I get back from rehearsal it's bed with no supper.

Very cool :) I hope there are no Japanese swear words in that entry.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    Mine's sent. I was going for a Twin Peaks style theme tune but ended up losing my way slightly with the wang bar. Very enjoyable once again.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Mine's sent. I was going for a Twin Peaks style theme tune but ended up losing my way slightly with the wang bar. Very enjoyable once again.

That makes 9 entries now in the playlist. Some great variety of approaches.

The deadline is tomorrow at 11:30pm (23rd May 2018).

It's not a competition.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1806
    Bezzer said:
    OK, entry sent ... I'm sorry, I'm very, very sorry!

I promised myself I'd enter these every month but as usual life got in the way and I forgot.  I have had literally 5 minutes tonight before going to rehearsal and that's my last in time until past deadline ... so this is what you get.

Honestly I feel dirty and ashamed, the playing isn't great and the fact I used a musicman monitored through my Quincy Jones headphones ... I just ... well, when I get back from rehearsal it's bed with no supper.

Wow. You bought one of those pedals. Please tell me you've gigged it inappropriately 
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 581

Wow. You bought one of those pedals. Please tell me you've gigged it inappropriately 
    Does "in the outro of "Can't Stop the Feeling" during the big finale of the local am-dram panto" count? :)
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    edited May 2018
    Bezzer said:

Does "in the outro of "Can't Stop the Feeling" during the big finale of the local am-dram panto" count?
    Is it the “iron lung”? I have that in my board, modded so the mic actually comes out the amp... I use it at any given opportunity!....
    Ha ha, nothing so tasteful :)
    Bezzer said:
    Ha ha, nothing so tasteful :)
    What did you use?
    Ah, man, I didn't want to admit actually owning it .... :)

One of these monstrosities:

:)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Bezzer that's inappropriate but mildly inappropriate... I'd like to see it used for something like the second solo in Comfortably Numb
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bezzer said:

Omfg that’s brilliant!... 
    @Bezzer that's inappropriate but mildly inappropriate... I'd like to see it used for something like the second solo in Comfortably Numb
    I am still pondering a Satch cover ... Always with Me, Always Miku ...

Or maybe Freebird ...
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    Bezzer said:

Wow.     That is frightening and fascinating at the same time.  My biggest concern would be fighting the urge to do Peter Frampton covers, which could lead to crossing some sort of line  that some would probably consider inappropriate,

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

Bezzer said:
    I am still pondering a Satch cover ... Always with Me, Always Miku ...

Or maybe Freebird ...
    Miku of Puppets?
    Bezzer said:

Wow.     That is frightening and fascinating at the same time.  My biggest concern would be fighting the urge to do Peter Frampton covers, which could lead to crossing some sort of line  that some would probably consider inappropriate,
    I assume you've never seen this video. Possibly the best pedal review of all time

• DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    Holy crap!  I have never heard of this and it's been around for 4 years or so?  What really scares me is how much I want one now, knowing fully that I will never actually use it for anything but goofing around.  If these had of been on the market 20 years ago when my daughter was little she might have shown more interest in guitar.  Back then her favorite movie was "Totoro", an early anime styled kids show and she was collecting and trading pokemon stuff.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Entry closes tonight at 11.30pm.
    It's not a competition.
    Entry closed.

It's not a competition.