Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• jamiexsilverjamiexsilver Frets: 404
    edited May 2018

This weeks update. My Ernie Ball VPJR started to go a bit mental so I got the Boss one as it's nearly half the size I had room to put a 3 way switch to control the superego. I also mounted a bright onion patchbay underneath to help tidy it up.

You should be able to click on the pictures to see underneath.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 639
    Oh, heres mine ...  (Kazoo fanfare)

Nice Amdek phaser. My first pedal, bought as a kit from a tiny shop in Jersey when on hols with a mate 30 odd years ago. I sold it on a few years back as it had sat on a shelf unused for ages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 463

This weeks update. My Ernie Ball VPJR started to go a bit mental so I got the Boss one as it's nearly half the size I had room to put a 3 way switch to control the superego. I also mounted a bright onion patchbay underneath to help tidy it up.

So I suppose you're using the MS-3 overdrives?
  • jamiexsilverjamiexsilver Frets: 404
    Jota said:

Yeah, they sound fine. I use my amp drive a lot though.
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    Jota said:

Yeah, they sound fine. I use my amp drive a lot though.
    Oh, ok.
    I totally forget about drives from amps.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    And with the Mudhoney, here endeth the lesson in high gain. Honestly.

https://i.imgur.com/QwxsM2t.jpg

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7731
    edited May 2018
    dindude said:
    And with the Mudhoney, here endeth the lesson in high gain. Honestly.

https://i.imgur.com/QwxsM2t.jpg

thats nice, I like that.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7731
    The latest after much soldering: added a QMX6, clockwork delay, compulator & the humble but great memory toy. 

• mattismetalmattismetal Frets: 90

Ok...go on then!  
    Good grief those matamps are delightful
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    Les Pauls always look better on their side ;)
    https://i.imgur.com/KrePP4x.jpg
  • JEPBLEP said:
    Well, I was pretty pleased with my smushed down mini board what I put together today until saw that ^^. Good effort man :) 
    Do any photo's exist of the entire board, or are there only NASA doctored composite images available at this time? :) A couple of my old favourites on there too :)
    I like your smushed down mini board - it's a wondrous exploration of space and bumblebee wiring!  

And thanks - I've got a thread up here detailing the full signal chain and wiring, but here's the overview w/ the Space Echo below connected into the loop through the Lehle switch:

Must be a pain the arse wheeling the sideboard through the pub.....

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049

Here's mine - low cost, compact and bijou. I've done a couple of gigs with it and I'm pretty much there. Gold one is a @handsomerik ;Fatpants, purple is a Thorpy SHO and the black is a Thorpy OCD.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    The latest after much soldering: added a QMX6, clockwork delay, compulator & the humble but great memory toy. 

Beautiful. This satisfies my OCD! Not a massive fan of sideways pedals, mind...
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Frets: 60
    edited May 2018
    Hi all,

Long time lurker!

Here's the board I put together this week.

It's been sketched out in my brain for a while now. I downsized from a PT Pro to a Mini a number of years ago to keep things simple but –– whilst I think discipline is good –– I really needed some breathing space for a tap delay and (eventually) a reverb pedal. So here's my Metro 24. It's the first board I've owned for new, actually. And it covers my entire sonic turf which is really satisfying. Trying to keep things clean... for now...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10644
    edited May 2018
    Just got my Phase 90 back from the wondrous ICBM with its LED and true bypass mod, so that’s my pedalboard journey at an end at last (though I might get the whammy bypassed as well).

It’s not exactly neat like some of the beautiful ones above and the sounds are limited to just a few tonal enhancements and one or two special effects, but it’s got everything I need and everything’s easy to get to.

Thanks @ICBM!

https://youtu.be/W-kjhEB0VqI
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    No problem, although I can hardly take credit for it sounding good :).

From memory the Whammy is harder to true-bypass, unfortunately - and the stock bypass is notoriously poor.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• vizviz Frets: 10644
    ICBM said:
    No problem, although I can hardly take credit for it sounding good :).

From memory the Whammy is harder to true-bypass, unfortunately - and the stock bypass is notoriously poor.
    It sounds good when it’s off and it looks good when it’s on ;)

Yes the whammy mod involves cutting tracks and some jumper wires and the switch. I did it on my IV but then stupidly sold it.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7143
    The Whammy 5 is true bypass I think.... 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26749
    Yup, was going to say this. W4 wasn't be W5 is. Which sadly meant it lost the lovely soft-touch switch for a clicky one, but does sound better.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7143
    Yup, was going to say this. W4 wasn't be W5 is. Which sadly meant it lost the lovely soft-touch switch for a clicky one, but does sound better.
    I actually slightly prefer the digital artefacts on the 4, but for overall package the 5 is great.