10s for acoustic and vocal gigs?

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
So its dawned on me that with my helix, I have a Yamaha Dxr10 as a monitoring system/home jamming. If i had a pair of these, I was thinking i could use these for small gigs for my acoustic and 1 vocal. Would that do the job?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited May 2018
    Absolutely - I use 2 RCF710's which dont pack quite the punch of the DXR's and are more than loud/good enough.  I have a DXR10 for monitoring with the band so have compared the two and they are very similar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Awesome. Id obviously have a mixer to go with it
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72208
    I use a pair of Celestion CR102 passive 10" cabs for this sort of thing with a 200W/ch Peavey mixer amp - they're absolutely fine. If I need to put a bit more low-end through it I add a Wharfedale 15" powered sub.

I've actually done an outdoor 'family festival' with a jazz band going through it, with keys, double bass and a couple of mics. Although it wasn't exactly Woodstock, it was still clear and audible over quite a distance.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    I prefer 10’s for vocals and acoustics - more definition to my ears