Weird situation with amps and the PA (probably not weird at all)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Just put it down to experience :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ijontyijonty Frets: 32
    mr-mac said:
    Just put it down to experience :)
    Absolutely.  I thoroughly enjoyed the gig regardless! Sounds like I don't need to upgrade my amp. But that doesn't mean I can't window-shop though, right?

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    If you want an amp to suit most venues, something that is at least 30w and preferably with 2x12. A 100w is not necessarily over-kill, but certainly as heavy as some speaker cabinets!
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Aye he’s a tit
    if there want enough head room you could turn the amp down and the mic up

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72245
    Cabicular said:
    Aye he’s a tit
    if there want enough head room you could turn the amp down and the mic up
    Exactly that. He seems to be confusing the requirement for the amp to be able to fill the room on its own and sound good, with the requirement for it to sound good at a volume that doesn't interfere with the mix because the PA is doing most of the work. It may well not be able to do the former, but it can certainly do the latter.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein