Back in the Workshop

What's Hot

Comments

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    All very nice. :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Woah ! Bloody lovely ! =)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
    tFB Trader
    When I come back from my long weekend away I will sort out the necks I have for sale, the photo below shows most of the necks that will be for sale. The standard price for a Start or Tele neck is £160 + £10 P&P, but I shall most likely have a black Friday sale in the middle of May. So prices will be about £130 inc P&P for necks made from Maple with a Rosewood finger board. Necks made from roasted Maple or solid  Rosewood will obviously be somewhat dearer.  If I have any bodies to match up with necks they will be similarly discounted if purchased together.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Eyeing up that beak Headstock Tele neck 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    *way* too much temptation.
    ;)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2364
    Looking forward to getting hold of my one of those :D 
  • FlametopFlametop Frets: 52
    GSPBASSES said:

Few photos of what I've made recently.

Custom T/C made from Swamp Ash with a roasted Maple neck, this is slightly different to the norm, as the body is fully chambered as per a F hole T/C. The body weighs just over 2lb.

Stratocaster made from lightweight American red Alder with a Maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard. Jazzmaster made from lightweight American red Alder, neck made from Maple with Ebony fingerboard.

Two custom Swamp Ash T/C's as the first picture these are fully chambered and only weigh 2lb.. Both the bodies have white banding  back and front. One neck is made from flame Maple with a flame Maple fingerboard, the other is roasted Maple with roasted Maple fingerboard.

Is that first one mine? :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    It is! 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

• rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    GSPBASSES said:
    It is! 
    Just received it here for traditional Candy Apple Red finishing. It's gorgeous Graham/Neil! 

Once I've been paid for all my outstanding jobs I'm planning to commission a few necks if you'll be taking orders in June/July time @GSPBASSES ;?

Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1211
    I'd hoped this thread would disappear so my wallet would be safe.

Any roasted maple strat necks still available?
    tFB Trader
    m_c said:

I do have some part built roasted maple Strat necks, they haven't been fretted yet, so if you're one one let us know what spec you want it built too and I'll see what I can do. It won't be full price as I'm hoping to have a black Friday sale of necks next week (should have been tomorrow but I'm too busy) the roasted Maple necks are going to be in the sale.  

tFB Trader
    rexter said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    It is! 
    Just received it here for traditional Candy Apple Red finishing. It's gorgeous Graham/Neil! 

Once I've been paid for all my outstanding jobs I'm planning to commission a few necks if you'll be taking orders in June/July time @GSPBASSES ?

Let me know what you want, as I might need a paint job done in a few weeks time I'm sure we can work out an exchange of services. This is

• rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    GSPBASSES said:
    rexter said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    It is! 

Once I've been paid for all my outstanding jobs I'm planning to commission a few necks if you'll be taking orders in June/July time @GSPBASSES ?

Let me know what you want, as I might need a paint job done in a few weeks time I'm sure we can work out an exchange of services. This is
    Cheers Graham, sounds like it could be a good plan - will
    drop you a pm Friday or Saturday!
    Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    edited May 2018 tFB Trader
    There's a couple of solid rosewood Strat necks, different spec to normal as they are a conversion neck Gibson scale 22 frets. These will drop onto any Strat body. And yes, the neck on the left has got oversize MOP dots on the front fingerboard.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Very nice. :-)
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4066
    edited May 2018
    Have you had any luck finding some multi-ply binding for the LPCs yet btw, Graham?
    tFB Trader
    Have you had any luck finding some multi-ply binding for the LPCs yet btw, Graham?
    I have, unfortunately I haven't had the time to get into making the LPC's yet. I'm off on holiday tomorrow, I'll be back second week in June. But then I go back into hospital hopefully to have an operation to sort out my prostate. When that's sorted I will definitely be semi retired, restricted myself to making one guitar a week. 

Apologies to anybody who is waiting for bodies and necks from me, I will try to be up to date with my work as soon as I'm out of hospital hopefully.

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4066
    Oh wow, sorry to hear that! Hope all goes smoothly with the operation!!! No pressure at all on the LP - it really is the least of my concerns right now but consider me still very much interested if & when :)
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Yes all the best Graham. Hope all goes well. Always enjoy and follow your threads and updates. Such a craftsman. 
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1211
    GSPBASSES said:
    m_c said:

I do have some part built roasted maple Strat necks, they haven't been fretted yet, so if you're one one let us know what spec you want it built too and I'll see what I can do. It won't be full price as I'm hoping to have a black Friday sale of necks next week (should have been tomorrow but I'm too busy) the roasted Maple necks are going to be in the sale.  
    Just remembered about this. I have a rough idea of what I'd like, but I've just not had the time to do the required measuring to see how the neck I like the most sizes up. I'll try and get some measuring done over the weekend, and let you know.