Musicians Hearing Scheme - Professional moulded earplugs worth £170 for £40

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 303
    rico said:
    What are the chances of an average gigging guitarist  getting accepted on this scheme? Averaging a gig a week at the moment. 
    High. All you need is two sources to 'prove' you're a musician, like a website and a soundcloud etc.

Glad to see everyone is enjoying the fruits of my discovery! Mine are still going strong :)

For anyone with any doubts about applying: they can only turn you down. You have nothing to lose. Even if you are only a 'bedroom' guitarist it's still worth making an application
    Guitarist/Drummer; Studio person, Composer, etc etc PM me for recording/tracking/mixing in the North West or via the 'net
    Website || Feedback Thread || PayPal
    Ibanez AS83 Guitar For Sale
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 5239
    I've been accepted but heard nothing more since then. What's the timescale? Booked an appointment with GP to get my ears done but I have to wait until the 6th of June to see the doctor about making an appointment with the nurse! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 467
    rico said:
    What are the chances of an average gigging guitarist  getting accepted on this scheme? Averaging a gig a week at the moment. 
    You're gigging more regularly than me and I got accepted.

Admittedly, I don't have an online presence to link to, so had the Head of Performing Arts at the school I teach at write a reference for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    I've been accepted but heard nothing more since then. What's the timescale? Booked an appointment with GP to get my ears done but I have to wait until the 6th of June to see the doctor about making an appointment with the nurse! 
    They got in touch with me pretty quickly, but mainly because they had one of their people near me in the upcoming fortnight.  Might be worth giving them a call/email?
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 665
    Wooo, just got accepted.

Am already over-thinking on filter choice. My gut feeling is that if I pick too high a -dB then playing would be so unenjoyable that I'd never wear them at all.  

I'm sure they'll have advice though. 
    KKJale said:
    Wooo, just got accepted.

Am already over-thinking on filter choice. My gut feeling is that if I pick too high a -dB then playing would be so unenjoyable that I'd never wear them at all.  

I'm sure they'll have advice though. 
    They have a 30 day return policy for fitment and filters which is handy - but I'd recommend the Pro17s. They're pretty evenly attenuated across the frequency range.
  • deloreandelorean Frets: 67
    Just been approved.  Anyone know if these can be fitted onto IEM earphones?
  • telehacktelehack Frets: 52
    Perhaps I was too honest - I applied for this but was denied when I admitted that I don't make over 50% of my income from music (which is in the eligibility criteria). Despite gigging in 2 bands one of which has a horn section making for a loud environment.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 1486
    I just called and made my appointment, which is at the end of July as I'm too busy to take a day in London before then. If you're an MU Member it's £30 not £40 plus £4 shipping. Can't be bad. 
  • ricorico Frets: 910
    Just applied, fingers crossed!

delorean said:
    Just been approved.  Anyone know if these can be fitted onto IEM earphones?
    No, but ACS keep you impressions on file for 4 years to order some IEMs from them

telehack said:
    Perhaps I was too honest - I applied for this but was denied when I admitted that I don't make over 50% of my income from music (which is in the eligibility criteria). Despite gigging in 2 bands one of which has a horn section making for a loud environment.
    Just re-submit using a different email address, that's what I did.

• ricorico Frets: 910
    ...aaaand just been accepted! It must be a slow day haha.
  • deloreandelorean Frets: 67
    thanks @Gulliver =)
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 5239
    telehack said:
    I'd *like* to make over 50% of my income from music, and may do soon... So I figured that counts

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you