New Chase Bliss - Thermae

What's Hot

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9443
    Looks interesting, and I love the Roman Springs in Bath !

But, will that be another £499 ??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    I need to dig out my 8 step and see how close I can get. The cool thing is the intervals are midi controlled as well... which brings a source audio reflex into play.

Hmm. Need to play one.. I'm starting to warm to the idea.
  • I really like the sound of that. It might kick the bitquest off my board.
  • If only it could do non-delayed pitch too (like a POG) it’d be an essential for me. If it can’t, I’m not sure it can do anything I can’t do with any / all of H9, PS-3, Ottobit and Polymoon. 

Not to say I won’t want it mind. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    I really like the sound of that. It might kick the bitquest off my board.
    Room for both, surely? Very different possibilities on offer.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7669
    I really like the sound of that. It might kick the bitquest off my board.

*faints in horror  :o

*wakes, thinks . . .

Dibs!

;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • So it's basically a Midi controllable 80tape Limbo II/III...? Shit.
  • @Teetonetal ; Probably, but I just tend to use it as a weird noise maker. So this sounds like it might be a bit more musical, but then knobs makes everything sound musical.

@Paul_C you'll be the first to know.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    $499.....jees.
  • 499???? Woah. Possibly not, then.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    Hmmm - id have to agree with Bonamassa on that one...
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7142
    Tick tock tick tock. 

I want my Thermae now. 
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
    Tick tock tick tock. 

I want my Thermae now. 
    Same mate. I’m sure you’re aware but delivery has been pushed back to 14/6. 

Ive never anticipated any purchase as much as this tho! 
    How very rock and roll
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    If only it could do non-delayed pitch too (like a POG) it’d be an essential for me. If it can’t, I’m not sure it can do anything I can’t do with any / all of H9, PS-3, Ottobit and Polymoon. 

Not to say I won’t want it mind. 
    Tick tock tick tock. 

I want my Thermae now. 

Many thoughts here but I think LOL will do
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Im not hearing anything revolutionary in that pedal to be honest. It made me think of the count to 5 if anything
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Polymoon went. The mini-doc was the one that properly did it for me. Sounds so good. 

https://youtu.be/Zg70GAALnOY

Also @meltedbuzzbox I did say that I’d inevitably want one. Turns out I was right. 
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
    Im not hearing anything revolutionary in that pedal to be honest. It made me think of the count to 5 if anything
    Hmmm I don’t know. My main gripe with the CT5 was that it was capable of amazing things. But they were really hard to recreate in a band context. You’d have a great idea at home and couldn’t find it again at a practice session. 

If only for the fact that Thermae has save-able presets I think it wins over the CT5. 
    How very rock and roll
    Oh, and I don’t have an H9 now either. 

TOTALLY JUSTIFIED. 
    Polymoon went. The mini-doc was the one that properly did it for me. Sounds so good. 

Also @meltedbuzzbox I did say that I’d inevitably want one. Turns out I was right. 
    I might be wrong and I have no knowledge of these things (MIDI) but I think you can program the MF104M to do sequenced steps and stuff via midi. 

I know you can do it with the midi murf, and I remember some dude on TGP that has all the moogerfoogers and each revision (murf.bass/murf/midi murf, 104z/m/sd etc) said about doing some truly mad midi things with the moogs. 
    Im damned if I can find the post though :-(

Still not totally sold on the Chase bliss, I liked it the most with the keys but I will reserve judgement until I hear it in the flesh. 

I get why you like it though, its very you

I might be wrong and I have no knowledge of these things (MIDI) but I think you can program the MF104M to do sequenced steps and stuff via midi. 

I know you can do it with the midi murf, and I remember some dude on TGP that has all the moogerfoogers and each revision (murf.bass/murf/midi murf, 104z/m/sd etc) said about doing some truly mad midi things with the moogs. 
    Im damned if I can find the post though :-(

Still not totally sold on the Chase bliss, I liked it the most with the keys but I will reserve judgement until I hear it in the flesh. 

I get why you like it though, its very you
    It is indeed. And to be honest, have been hugely impressed by my Brothers, WVmk2 and Tonal Recall RKM. Most importantly they sound superb... but the control you can have over them, especially in my setup, is really creative.