Ghost (band)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    The first time I heard Square Hammer it struck me how much the vocals reminded me of The Posies and the ending in particular is *so* Dream All Day!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Listened to the new album a few times today ,and have to say, I am a little disappointed actually. Not that I don't like it, but I was expecting a bit more. 

Square Hammer, He Is, Majesty, and Cirice were so good on the last album and I just don't hear anything at that level here. Maybe it will grow on me though!
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    quarky said:
    Listened to the new album a few times today ,and have to say, I am a little disappointed actually. Not that I don't like it, but I was expecting a bit more. 

Square Hammer, He Is, Majesty, and Cirice were so good on the last album and I just don't hear anything at that level here. Maybe it will grow on me though!
    They will do very well to be as good as Cirice again
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    quarky said:

It is very much pure 80s soft rock and I'd have liked it a bit heavier. I have to say that the drums sound superb and there is some cracking cheesy guitar playing. I absolutely love Rats and Pro Memoria is a pretty good track too.

Cirice is in a league of its own though.and Meliora is a much better album 
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 476
    Given it a good listen and have to agree, Meliora was a tough act to follow. I still really like the album as a whole though, it flows well and the instrumentation is superb. I can understand why there are so many more instrumental sections on this one compared to the last. Good on them for not making Meliora II.

That sax during Miasma caught me off guard too.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I've been enjoying it.. but it's no Meliora. Some good songs on it though. I imagine it will grow.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    I like the new album. 
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    I think many people, myself included, were hoping for Meliora Part 2 because that is such a good album. To be fair to Ghost no two albums are the same, they've constantly been evolving. Now they've hit their 80's phase ;) - After initially being a little disappointed with the direction of Rats and Dance Macabre (even though I think it's a good pop song) having listened to the full album a few times now I think it's cracking. Faith is a brilliant song and I love both the instrumentals, particularly the Sax solo in Miasma!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I've listened to it 6 times according to google play (apart from Life Eternal, 9 times apparently because Google can't count). 

I do really like the album too, I just wanted a Meliora Part 2 as well. To me (and a lot of people I guess), that is peak Ghost. Don't get me wrong though, I like Prequelle too, and it is probably going to end up my 2nd favourite of all the Ghost albums so far I guess. It is consistently good, just not having the peaks.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4131
    Absolutely love the new album too, it's been on constant rotation in my car.