Water Rats 2nd Jun 2018 Running Order - DOORS OPEN 1130

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    What did you buy in Andertons @Darthed1981 ?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    mrkb said:
    What did you buy in Andertons @Darthed1981 ?
    A couple of those Tone City pedals they are always banging on about - a "Fuxx Fuzz" and "Comp Engine" - only tried them into an amplug headphone amps so far but both seem great.  I think pedals might be my new thing!

Tried out a Chapman ML1 Standard (great setup from the factory, nice pickups, didnt like the colour) a G&L Legacy Strat in Blueburst (insanely pretty, something a bit off, possibly just the truss rod needed adjusting)  if anything the Chapman had nicer sounding pickups!

Also almost bought a bass, but decided to give that another 12 months, focus on my guitar playing.

They were very busy but the staff were great, running around to help everyone.

It's a surprisingly small store, but I spent a couple of hours there.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    Can someone please step up for an attempt at the Comfortably Numb solo? Ive spent ages trying to get the drumming sorted for that so don't want it dropping at the last minute due to lack of widdliing. Only needs to be in the right key, or even an acapella version!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    mrkb said:
    Can someone please step up for an attempt at the Comfortably Numb solo? Ive spent ages trying to get the drumming sorted for that so don't want it dropping at the last minute due to lack of widdliing. Only needs to be in the right key, or even an acapella version!
    I’m in... will also cover down at the doctors.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Isn't Alnico on it?
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Uh oh on the beer. 9.6% just arrived. Might help tomorrow might hinder!
    munckee said:
    Isn't Alnico on it?
    Unfortunately he’s had to pull out.
    poopot said:
    mrkb said:
    I’m in... will also cover down at the doctors.

Cheers!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Oh yeah sorry didnt read that bit!  Sorry @alnico was looking forward to meeting you, thanks for your help with Comfortably.  II'm playing rhythm on comfortably @poopot, if you have time earlier in the day could you and I try a version where I play the first solo an you the second.  I know the first but the second I can't remember beyond a few bars!
    munckee said:
    Oh yeah sorry didnt read that bit!  Sorry @alnico was looking forward to meeting you, thanks for your help with Comfortably.  II'm playing rhythm on comfortably @poopot, if you have time earlier in the day could you and I try a version where I play the first solo an you the second.  I know the first but the second I can't remember beyond a few bars!
    No problem at all... 
    @munckee @mrkb ;

im assuming for the end of CN solo then teasingly run down from G to the E resolve on the B, big finish and the crowd go wild? 
    poopot said:
    @munckee @mrkb ;

im assuming for the end of CN solo then teasingly run down from G to the E resolve on the B, big finish and the crowd go wild? 
    You might, I'll either stop too early, or carry on too late and be facing the wrong way! : )
    munckee said:
    poopot said:
    @munckee @mrkb ;

You might, I'll either stop too early, or carry on too late and be facing the wrong way! : )
    Nah!!! We’ll be fine... easy forgiving tune!
    poopot said:
    @munckee @mrkb ;

Possibly, Ill just hit things until someone shuts STOP, or pulls the plug on the PA. Might be worth running through this tomorrow!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    mrkb said:

or pulls the plug on the PA. Might be worth running through this tomorrow!
    Shouldn't need to practice pulling the plug more than 3 or 4 times.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    poopot said:
    @munckee @mrkb ;

Possibly, Ill just hit things until someone shuts STOP, or pulls the plug on the PA. Might be worth running through this tomorrow!
    My only worry, who is going to hit the button to release the inflatable pig????
    poopot said:
    mrkb said:
    poopot said:
    @munckee @mrkb ;

My only worry, who is going to hit the button to release the inflatable pig????

I think @bridgehouse was only bringing his inflatable sheep......
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Goes without saying (or baaing) really.  He takes Doris everywhere.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader

I am very out of practice but I guess as long as you aren't using any funky jazz type chords like, A minor I will be ok

:D  :P

poopot said:
    munckee said:
    poopot said:
    @munckee @mrkb ;

Nah!!! We’ll be fine... easy forgiving tune!
    I've got the tab book if you want read through for the solo?
This discussion has been closed.