Jam/rehearsal with new band...

What's Hot
GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
Meeting a new band on Sunday, do I take the full 2 amp wet/dry rig, or a slimmed down one-amp rig?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    I usually wait until the 3rd rehearsal before revealing the full madness - but I say go for it and let them know who’s boss right from the start! 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16227
    Gulliver said:
    Meeting a new band on Sunday, do I take the full 2 amp wet/dry rig, or a slimmed down one-amp rig?
    If it’s just for a coffee and a chat in Costa probably a full Marshall stack. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    Gulliver said:

And if you do a line of coke on the table, it might secure the position.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3574
    I attended a jam/interview rehearsal with a potential new soul band last month. I turned up with a 20w practice combo a x a carrier bag with spare pedals and a telecaster. 
    The rest of the band were fully equipped and oppressively loud in a small studio room.  It was just possible to keep up but I decided not to join since my ears rang for a couple of days and they were a glorified pub rock band.
    But it would of payed to take the stage rig to that evening, if in doubt take too much but be prepared to cut it back.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Gulliver said:

Make sure it’s diet or zero tho as full fat might make them think you don’t look after yourself.
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
    Gulliver said:

Make sure it’s diet or zero tho as full fat might make them think you don’t look after yourself.
    One look at how much of a fat cunt I am will alert to the fact I don't look after myself.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom