My 8 year old wants to learn piano?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3447
    I reckon so too, I tried her on the guitar and she loved it until she learned that it required more input than she got out of it, I think this will be different.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    edited June 2018
    robgilmo said:
    I reckon so too, I tried her on the guitar and she loved it until she learned that it required more input than she got out of it, I think this will be different.

A good teacher is a good call - someone who will teach her stuff she will love to play
    Exactamundo, but out here in the sticks we dont have much choice, the Hub in Diss is looking good though.  http://www.dissmusicschool.co.uk/ ;
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    robgilmo said:

A good teacher is a good call - someone who will teach her stuff she will love to play ...
    ... but still challenge her so that she remains interested in learning more and getting better.
    edited June 2018
    She had her first lesson on Monday, really nice guy, Im finding she needs encouraging a little , for instance she got all excited when I accompanied her on the guitar. She lit up when we tried a metronome to get some timing so she is keeping her interest alive if we interact with her, I reckon she will stick with it.