KZ IEMs?

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
https://www.amazon.com/KZ-Balanced-Armature-Technology-Earphone/dp/B07BWBJ8Z2?th=1

Anyone have any experience of these? The Helix group on fb rave about them
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    Yep, I've got a pair of ZSTs and a pair of ZS6s (which were the top ones before those ZS10s came along).
    I've never tried any proper IEMs but the level of detail in the music is amazing, I could hear whole new instruments in recordings that I thought I knew well. My thoughts are:
    • Personally I prefer the ZSTs as they're lighter and a better fit for me.
    • The rubber tips that come with them are pretty pants and unless you get a good seal then the bass is poor. So memory foam replacement tips are worth getting.
    • There's an upgraded cable available which I prefer as it sounds marginally better but more importantly isn't as microphonic as the one that comes with it that has a handsfree mic on.
    • Sibilant frequencies are quite pronounced on them, but the ZSTs are better than the ZS6s for that.
    I got mine from gearbest.com which was cheap but took a couple of weeks to arrive. From the facebook groups I'm in it seems that a lot of churches in the US use them as a cheap way of getting a team using IEMs.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    Awesome, thank you for that. Have you tried them as IEMs or just for listening to music? 
    Only for music, we haven’t made the move to IEMs though. The detail is great with them though so I could see them being good for the job.
    I’d offer to send you mine to try, but with the postage costs it would be cheaper for you to buy your own pair!
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    Why, how cheap did you get them for?!
    The ZSTs are only about £11 from gearbest 
  • bignormbignorm Frets: 191

BigMonka said:
    They’ve gone up a lot since you bought yours.. the cheapest I can find now is £36
    bignorm said:

BigMonka said:
    They’ve gone up a lot since you bought yours.. the cheapest I can find now is £36
    Direct from China is the best way, delivery is a couple of weeks: https://www.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_533515.html?wid=1433363