Sasquatch and on ... Huddersfield Jam #2

What's Hot

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    Foreign holiday? What's wrong with Huddersfield?
    Does Google Translate work for Huddersfieldish?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    12 people isn't enough... Someone make more people come

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    12 people isn't enough... Someone make more people come

FINAL CALL

Mr Legion Returns is 100% correct.  This event isn't viable with current numbers.  We either need a lot more people to sign up for it, or we'll have to cancel.

For anyone still unsure about what happens, here's the post-event comments   from  yesterday's meet-up in Woking;
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133287/post-rats-chat-pics-clips/p1

The intention is for the Hudds event to be bigger and better.  Spreading it over the 2 days means that there'll be plenty more time for line-ups to practice beforehand, time for beers afterhand, and for a Sat eve "entertainment" event as well.

We've also got a couple of businesses pencilled in to  run mini-events during the weekend, just for us.  

But. if there's not the interest in attending, then I'm going to cancel it in the next couple of days.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    edited June 2018
    Specific tag for those who expressed interest/intent in the original discussion thread about this event, or who have commented but not committed on this one ...

@mikeyrob73 ;;;;;
     @bloodandtears ;;;;;
     @darthed1981 ;;;;;
     @musicman100 ;;;;;
     @BillyK57 ;;;;;
     @horsehead ;;;;;
     @DanR ;;;;;
     @Bucket ;;;;;
     @Phil_aka_Pip ;;;;;
     @ChrisMusic ;;;;;
     @MagicPigDetective ;;;;;
     @SteveRobinson ;;;;;
     @slacker ;;;;;

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    What about @differs - or is he already in
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    @Guitars4You is in, and will be bringing some "interesting"  exhibits, as well as offering some sessions on set-ups, etc.
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    @TTony ..really sorry guys, dont like letting the side down but I just cant make this one work....I could only have done  half day Sat and its a trek for that.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896

Before anyone asks Hudderswhere, I'll just point out that  Huddersfield is pretty much equidistant from 9 of the 10 largest population centres in the UK, midway between London and Edinburgh/Glasgow, and midway between east & west coasts.      The objective was to pick somewhere that many of our members could get to (not just those South of the M4!) that had the right facilities, with some local knowledge to help us organise the weekend (thanks again  @Legionreturns !)
    http://www.sasquatch-music.com/

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    If HRH Queen Poyd of Flinkstopia wasn't flying back home that weekend I would have been there at least one day. Driving to Huddersfield and back, then Heathrow and back the next day when I live in Leicester just ain't gonna happen
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902

@TTony - got the tag, thanks, have sent you a PM.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14032
    tFB Trader
    I'm in - both days -Look forward to seeing a few familiar faces and putting a face to names I only know and read about

First date of the EFL as well 
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Damn, I'm away that weekend :( Have fun all :)
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Would be a damn shame if cancelled.. I'd hate the amount of grovelling I've had to do go to waste.. 
  • I can open it up to my regular customers if you like? I have plenty of guitarists come through the door, some may be interested. Depends on whether you'd prefer to keep it Fretboard members only or not.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I can open it up to my regular customers if you like? I have plenty of guitarists come through the door, some may be interested. Depends on whether you'd prefer to keep it Fretboard members only or not.
    Frankly, I'd rather that than cancel given what's gone in to planning this thing, but it's not up to me 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    I can open it up to my regular customers if you like? I have plenty of guitarists come through the door, some may be interested. Depends on whether you'd prefer to keep it Fretboard members only or not.
    Frankly, I'd rather that than cancel given what's gone in to planning this thing, but it's not up to me 
    I’m happy for it to be an exclusive affair and pay more, or have some of your regulars along - either way
  • I’ll ask some of my regulars and gauge if there’s any interest.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6595
    Gigs just confirmed that weekend.... Can't make it sadly..... 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6914
    tFB Trader
    Still don't know if I'll be able to attend. Is the date in the banner wrong though? I thought it was 4&5 Aug
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    I'd hate to see this cancelled too. At this stage I think such a move would be premature. 

Really looking forward to this. The last one at Sasquatch was awesome, so stretching it over two days with a proper performance in the middle would be even more awesome. 

hopefully the banner and the thread in the main forum will drum up mega amounts of support. I know a few chaps in the Yorkshire area who could be convinceable to come down as audience members. 

Im now a drummer myself so can give @mrkb ;a run for his money as the Fretboard champion all rounder!

This discussion has been closed.