Sasquatch and on ... Huddersfield Jam #2

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    TTony said:
    @TTony @Bridgehouse some time ago I agreed to run a separate room and list for the gig practice. My plan was to have a much more fluid session where we can mess with arrangements, keys etc and get them slick. 

I'm happy to do this on a separate thread and kick it off now. Ok?
    We still need a few more people to confirm this is viable ...
    @TTony - what's deadline day?

I bet quite a few people are still lurking around trying to make up their minds.

I managed to fit in both some negotiations with the wife and a crisis of confidence in between Woking and now already, and I bet a few others are in the same place.

The "Fretboard gig", especially incorporating an "open mic" section, is a really great idea.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Hey @McToot it's just a few minutes by taxi from Magic Rock! https://www.magicrockbrewing.com/tap-room/

pmbomb said:
    pmbomb said:
    What's the venue please? (Sorry if I missed it). Any decent beer in Huddersfield?

It must be good beer up there, if you sign up you can find out! :)

Thank you - handy for the Royal Infirmary I note!
    Yeah my understanding is A&E there are booking agency staff to cover all the people who age terribly waiting for me to finish "Champagne Supernova"...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    Second the query about deadline day please!  Mrs Snags is sounding not entirely anti the idea of me buggering off for the weekend, so 48 hours pondering could get me confirmed for the whole thing on an "in for a penny" basis. 

Only issue I'll have is that almost immediately beforehand we're off on an enforced holiday with no access to a guitar, making practice a bit tricky. Unless I accidentally buy something that will fit in the suitcase or there's a forum member on the Scillies I can blag something off for a fortnight :)
    Snags said:
    Second the query about deadline day please!  Mrs Snags is sounding not entirely anti the idea of me buggering off for the weekend, so 48 hours pondering could get me confirmed for the whole thing on an "in for a penny" basis. 

Only issue I'll have is that almost immediately beforehand we're off on an enforced holiday with no access to a guitar, making practice a bit tricky. Unless I accidentally buy something that will fit in the suitcase or there's a forum member on the Scillies I can blag something off for a fortnight :)
    If it helps your decision, I'm not very good in the first place and I'm likely to be drunk all weekend.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Practice is over-rated. I proved that on Saturday.

Ahem.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    pmbomb said:
    Hey @McToot it's just a few minutes by taxi from Magic Rock! https://www.magicrockbrewing.com/tap-room/

Bring a mortgage! 

That's London prices! ...oh wait

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Practice is situational. Playing in church, Pfft, not so much. Playing "real songs" with actual parts and stuff, weeks of it, if only as a comfort factor. Makes no sense, but my brain is a dark and scary place.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    pmbomb said:
    What's the venue please? (Sorry if I missed it). Any decent beer in Huddersfield?
    Ask Legion for the full guided tour. He knows all the worst places :)
    pmbomb said:

Bring a mortgage! 

One resides in the Surrey Hills. We recently broke the £5/pint barrier. It keeps the oiks away. 
  • TTony said:

@Legionreturns @Bridgehouse - I think we might have to start thinking about setlist/s.

One for the Sat afternoon.
    One for the Sun morning (the acoustic set perhaps?)

And, if we're going to sort out some sort of evening "performance", another one for then too??

Well as the acoustic bit is potentially on the Sunday morning, you'd better put me down for the weekend then.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    Right @TTony assuming there are still "both day" places available, count me in!  YOLO as the hep cats down at the milk bar say.

I'll sort out the PP later today.

Supplementary question: can non-FBers come, subject to ponying up the readies?  I have a friend currently at college in Hudd (doing sound engineering and music tech) who's a somewhat competent musician and would love this if he's free.
    Snags said:
    Right @TTony assuming there are still "both day" places available, count me in!  YOLO as the hep cats down at the milk bar say.

I'll sort out the PP later today.

Supplementary question: can non-FBers come, subject to ponying up the readies?  I have a friend currently at college in Hudd (doing sound engineering and music tech) who's a somewhat competent musician and would love this if he's free.
    Just get him to sign up to the forum and book, then there are no issues. ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fair point, well made.

PP sent, doss house booked.

As a bonus, this is incentivising Mrs Snags to go to Yarndale with her sister later in the year, so I get a quiet weekend at home in September. Score :)
  • pmbomb said:
    It’s a fab venue - Bob (owner) is a legend 
    He's right. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbomb said:

The Magic Rock is awesome. And it's only about 45 minutes on foot from the studio. I've done it more than once after a skinfull of tasty beverages :) 
    pmbomb said:
    It’s a fab venue - Bob (owner) is a bell end 
    He's right. :)
    That's a bit harsh! Don't be so hard on yourself ;)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbomb said:
    pmbomb said:

Bring a mortgage! 

One resides in the Surrey Hills. We recently broke the £5/pint barrier. It keeps the oiks away. 
    I was there on Saturday. The beers range in price from about £2.60 a pint, to about £9 for the real smash your brain in stuff (11% ales!!).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'm in for the beer event.

Is there a guitar thing on at the same time?
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    Snags said:
    Fair point, well made.

PP sent, doss house booked.

As a bonus, this is incentivising Mrs Snags to go to Yarndale with her sister later in the year, so I get a quiet weekend at home in September. Score
    Good point. For those travelling from the outer reaches, where are people looking to stay?

Any cheap hotel recommendations @Sasquatch_Bob?

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

This discussion has been closed.