Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26752
    edited May 2018
    The Whammy 5 is true bypass I think.... 
    Yup, was going to say this. W4 wasn't be W5 is. Which sadly meant it lost the lovely soft-touch switch for a clicky one, but does sound better.
    I actually slightly prefer the digital artefacts on the 4, but for overall package the 5 is great. 
    Completely agree. I'm hoping they eventually do a 6 that sounds like a 4 (with 5's poly mode as well) but with a switchable buffer/TB on a soft switch and in a box that doesn't fill half a pedalboard..! 

What are the odds after the dumping of most of their staff? :(  
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    Yup, was going to say this. W4 wasn't be W5 is. Which sadly meant it lost the lovely soft-touch switch for a clicky one, but does sound better.
    I actually slightly prefer the digital artefacts on the 4, but for overall package the 5 is great. 
    Completely agree. I'm hoping they eventually do a 6 that sounds like a 4 (with 5's poly mode as well) but with a switchable buffer/TB on a soft switch and in a box that doesn't fill half a pedalboard..! 

fuck all I imagine. 

I suspect a few of the pitch algorithm guys have gone to Line 6?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
    ... in a box that doesn't fill half a pedalboard..! 
    Ha - when I needed a Whammy all I could get hold of was a DT... THAT thing is ludicrously sized
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26752

fuck all I imagine. 

I suspect a few of the pitch algorithm guys have gone to Line 6?
    I would assume L6 would be very keen to get better pitch-shifting in the HX stuff. The would be the main thing to make me consider buying one again
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3466
    edited May 2018
    FWIW, if you're after good pitch stuff in a digital unit, Kemper has the best of the bunch, in my experience.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    ok...its been a while...but i'm done for the meantime! 

the big pedal on the top right is a Dunwich built 3 in 1 - Phaser/Vibe, Harmonic Trem and Fixed phase

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • toadfsihtoadfsih Frets: 16
    edited May 2018
    My current AX8 based rig - wiring finally properly tidied up and looking slick :-)

https://imgur.com/gL6qP74

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7671

Posted elsewhere, but I'll add it to this thread for fun too.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    samzadgan said:
    ok...its been a while...but i'm done for the meantime! 

the big pedal on the top right is a Dunwich built 3 in 1 - Phaser/Vibe, Harmonic Trem and Fixed phase

That's the first pussy power I've seen on this forum bahaha
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Heres mine, I don’t really use the FX on the MS3. A bit of dynacomp on cleans and the odd delay. Still wedded to the M5 for FX. 

https://flic.kr/p/KBSrRd
  • 50_caliber_bob50_caliber_bob Frets: 0
    edited June 2018
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/158673094@N08/shares/193vg6

I want to add an El Capistan and a Cali76 Compact Deluxe (and also a Morely Wah/Volume) to replace the cheap volume pedal, Boss CS3 and Behringer Analogue Delay. It’s a work in progress (with no money to add to it currently!)
  • JEPBLEP said:
    Well, I was pretty pleased with my smushed down mini board what I put together today until saw that ^^. Good effort man :) 
    Do any photo's exist of the entire board, or are there only NASA doctored composite images available at this time? :) A couple of my old favourites on there too :)
    I like your smushed down mini board - it's a wondrous exploration of space and bumblebee wiring!  

And thanks - I've got a thread up here detailing the full signal chain and wiring, but here's the overview w/ the Space Echo below connected into the loop through the Lehle switch:

@jepblep I like your yellow strat! What is it?
  • JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
    JEPBLEP said:
    Well, I was pretty pleased with my smushed down mini board what I put together today until saw that ^^. Good effort man :) 
    Do any photo's exist of the entire board, or are there only NASA doctored composite images available at this time? :) A couple of my old favourites on there too :)
    I like your smushed down mini board - it's a wondrous exploration of space and bumblebee wiring!  

And thanks - I've got a thread up here detailing the full signal chain and wiring, but here's the overview w/ the Space Echo below connected into the loop through the Lehle switch:

@jepblep I like your yellow strat! What is it?
    @Roysterdoyster - ta! It's a custom shop 56 strat in graffiti yellow over 2-colour sunburst w/ ancho poblanos. I've got some more pics here.
  • bean7bean7 Frets: 44
    latest shuffle

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Latest incarnation:

Good trades/sales with: Pluckbuddy, JDE, xXBADGERXx, Brize, alanchanxd, NigelP, Loobs, BusterCrabb, jimkehoe
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    edited June 2018
    Path - Fuzz > Boost > Chorus (or phaser or vibe or tremolo) > Gate > Wah (or pitch shift or rotary) > Distortion > Self oscillating flanger > Delay (including looper) > Tuner (mainly as a kill switch) > Delay > Reverb > EQ

https://i.imgur.com/qWhL8Nx.jpg

• preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    Paul_C said:

Posted elsewhere, but I'll add it to this thread for fun too.

Must be a bugger having to flying kick your pedals each time you want to switch one on/off
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    preston61 said:

Must be a bugger having to flying kick your pedals each time you want to switch one on/off
    Don't be stupid...

... he wears his shoes on his hands!
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom