Playing Acoustics Live

What's Hot
maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3097
Just a little rant, if you are on a biggish stage with a sound engineer mixing your sound for you, please if you are playing an acoustic instrument do not adjust your tone settings on your guitar without telling the engineer,whilst the engineer is trying to get it to sound right 
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71950
    Yet another reason electro-acoustics are the work of Satan...

They need a 'sound engineer mode' which bypasses all the onboard controls completely and just sends a buffered pickup output to the jack. Preferably operated by a keyswitch which only the engineer has the key for.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • telehacktelehack Frets: 93
    I've been thinking about this approach: KK Pure mini pickup, Mooer radar for acoustic guitar IRs. I thought this guy's demo was pretty impressive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXMz06S5OS0
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3097
    telehack said:
    I've been thinking about this approach: KK Pure mini pickup, Mooer radar for acoustic guitar IRs. I thought this guy's demo was pretty impressive
    Sounds nice depends on what you want to achieve but it is effectively a pedal the same as adding say a chorus.

Just when you use it on stage with an engineer don’t have any reverb or delay added on the pedal, and refer to my original post!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1894
    Exception to this rule: the guitar is feeding back and the sound engineer is missing in action. Then it is acceptable to panic-twiddle. :)
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom