SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Alesis Q88 midi controller keyboard.

valevale Frets: 1052
edited June 2018 in Studio & Rec £
as the title says, I have a real desire to get a full size midi kepyboard and of all the ones i have tried (M-Audio & others) i liked the weight & bounce of the keys of this one best.

i know there are more fancy bells & whistles ones out there, with more up-to-date features & tricks, but I'm really just after a bare bones budget but dependable 88 keys that feel nice to me.
I don't know if i have a light or heavy touch, bad habits of good, i just i like what i like, so have decided on this.

i also have a microbrute & drum kit, so i want to keep within the Alesis brand to minimise compatibility headaches.

let me know if you have one you are thinking of getting rid of or upgrading from. thanks!
hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33780
    Don’t have the Alesis but I have an M-Audio Keystation 88 that I am selling.
    PM me if you are interested.
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited June 2018
    thanks for the offer octatonic. will bear that in mind but try for the Alesis for a bit, as those keys just felt right to me.

i think i may be heavy handed touch-wise as i tried the M-Audio first (everyone said get that) but found the rebound a bit light. but that could have just been me not releasing quickly. it's such a personal thing. but Alesis seemed to fit my style.

we shall see...
    am still chasing that magical 88 key feeling. preferably alesis! thankq.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/75/5a/82/755a826bdb57266a41e3532231999c3b.jpg
    a monthly bump for the Aleister Q88.

proving devilishly tricky to find one locally & ebays always collection only, damn them!

many thanks.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14404
    edited July 2018
    vale said:
    i also have a microbrute & drum kit, so i want to keep within the Alesis brand to minimise compatibility headaches.
    Just a moment. Are you a victim of predictive texting spelling miscorrection or of premature senility?

Microbrute and Drumbrute are Arturia products.

Alesis makes drum kits, drum machines and the Q series of MIDI Controller keyboards. Their analogue synthesizers come with keys.

MIDI is a standardised digital communication convention. Things should work with each other. It is sometimes necessary to match up MIDI Note Numbers and Continuous Controllers first. (Boring but unavoidable.)

vale said:
    Aleister ... devilishly
    I saw what you did there. ;) 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    edited July 2018

@Funkfingers ;;

i was clearly a bit asleep when i wrote that. although i was right about the drumpad side.

i have the starter alesis drumpad kit, and a really ancient (but i really like it) alesis sr16 drumpad
    so the alesis q88 will be the key triggers to go with the alesis drum triggers. all alesis.

microbrute is definitely arturia. so you caught me out there. but since that's analog synth rather than midi, that's less a connectivity issue as it can go straight into the focusrite.

aleister crowley actually lived in (and put a curse on) my home town. true fun fact!
    august bump (& then f*ck it!).