SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Collings OM2H 2016 - 1 .3/4" Nut, Signed by the late Bill Collings - Mint - £3k/Offers

What's Hot
BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2177
edited May 2018 in Acoustics £
Hi guys, 

Selling this as I'm just not playing it. Having a toddler in the house and a new baby just arrived, it's going to be 18 years before I feel comfortable taking it out of it's case. 

This is my dream guitar and definitely the best I've ever played/heard. I will look to acquire another in years to come, when my circumstances at home are more suitable, 

These retail at £4.5-5k new and used through a dealer £3-4k. I'm open to sensible offers. Collection from Putney. 

As you may know, Bill Collings passed away this year. This guitar bears his hand signature on the label, which isn't the case for all Collings. 

Here is the build spec from Collings. 

TopSitka spruce
Back & SidesE. Indian rosewood
NeckHonduran mahogany
Body BindingIvoroid with herringbone purfling
Fingerboard BindingNone
Peghead BindingNone
BridgeEbony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
FingerboardEbony with abalone short diamond & squares
Bridge Pins/End PinEbony with MOP dot
NutBone, 1 3/4"
SaddleBone, drop-in
Neck ProfileModified V
Peghead ProfileTapered square with volute
Neck JointMortise & tenon hybrid
Truss RodFully adjustable
FretsMedium 18% nickel-silver
Peghead VeneerStained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
TunersNickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
Backstrip2-style (Zipper)
Rosetteiv/tort/iv & b/w purflings
Scale Length25 1/2"
Brace MaterialSitka spruce
Brace PatternPre-war scalloped X-brace
Fingerboard Radius14" - 26" compound
Body FinishHigh gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
Neck FinishHigh gloss polyester resin
PickguardTortoise
StringsD'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
CaseTKL
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2177
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4257
    Every Collings acoustic I have owned (6) was signed by Bill. And in fact every other one I have seen (lots), in stores etc, was also signed. I guess there might be the odd one out there that wasn't signed, but I actually think they would be in the minority.

One thing is for sure, there won't be any more signed, but it is not a selling point. Just saying like.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4181
    CloudNine said:
    Every Collings acoustic I have owned (6) was signed by Bill. And in fact every other one I have seen (lots), in stores etc, was also signed. I guess there might be the odd one out there that wasn't signed, but I actually think they would be in the minority.
    They’d put a stack of labels on Bill’s desk to sign. Sometimes he’d go away and they’d get through all the pre-signed labels so they’d use an unsigned one. So there’ll be a few, but not that many. 
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2177
    I’m not as familiar as you, as I haven’t seen that many. I knew there were ones he didn’t sign because he was away and they ran out of signed stickers. Obviously there will be no more. In 30 years time when non-signed ones massively outweigh signed, who knows it might be one of those things collectors look for.

Signed or not, it’s an amazing guitar!