SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1974 Marshall 100w Superlead MKII - new images added

PinstripePhilPinstripePhil Frets: 97
edited October 2018 in Amps £
For sale is a 1974 Marshall 100w Superlead MKII. Killer amp. 
Bonamassa, AC/DC, ZZ Top, Clapton, any gigging pro, they all use em.  Get an old one in perfect working order for a song.
Cheers,
Phil
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    I’m feeling old, I remember when you could get them for under a ton :( GLWTS that looks gorgeous
  • Thanks man.  I was looking at an old guitar magazine the other day - maybe 12 years old.  The price back then of vintage strats...  Just Wow.  Wish I had known what I know now.  lol.  That said, I am thinking £950 is a pretty darn good price for this amp.  New ones being like £1800, but we shall see.  :+1: 

Vid here of a '73, amongst others.  Gives you an idea of the kinda sounds this thing throws out.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8591
    edited June 2018
    sweepy said:
    I’m feeling old, I remember when you could get them for under a ton GLWTS that looks gorgeous
    I remember when £100 would buy the amp and a 4x12 .... but beer was 13p a pint.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    My old Plexi was £100 :(
  • cosmiccarrotcosmiccarrot Frets: 91
    edited June 2018
    Might worth some gut shots, '73 was the change over from ptp to printed circuit board, plus if both transformer are original then that's a great price imo. Great road worn look, not going to appeal to everyone but I think that's cool.

• kerryboykerryboy Frets: 169
    Is this still for sale?
  • Yes still for sale
  • Bump
  • More images added of the inside as requested by a few of you.
    See here:
    https://philastles.imgur.com/all/
    The amp has been recently serviced.  The transformer on the far right (as you look from the back) was replaced in the early 80s.  Otherwise all is original.  The amp sounds amazing.  Has all the ghost notes you could ever want.  It is the boss.
  • Bumparoo
  • PinstripePhilPinstripePhil Frets: 97
    edited September 2018
    Bump.  If you are looking for classic Marshall tone and goodness this is the one.  Every note is surrounded by ghost notes, etc, etc.  All the goodness.  Doesn't have to be played loud to get the tone.  Great price.  Will leave it up here for another week most probably before putting it into a shop for a commission sale.  It belonged to a friend that needed cash.  I was originally selling it for him but ended up buying it myself to help him out.  I have too much gear so go grab yourself a bargain.  1