Ronnie James Dio & Yngwie Malmsteen - Dream On

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Ronnie - thumbs up.
    Yngwie - thumbs down.

But more to the point, an utterly fantastic song.  When I listen to the dross Aerosmith have produced in their latter career it's hard to believe Steven Tyler could once write something so great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    Ronnie - thumbs up.
    Yngwie - thumbs down.

But more to the point, an utterly fantastic song.  When I listen to the dross Aerosmith have produced in their latter career it's hard to believe Steven Tyler could once write something so great.

Totally agree..  But I had to listen to Dio sing that song..  Hes just always awesome.

I love Aerosmiths 70s stuff and even Pump (I kind of grew up on that) but yes the later 80s stuff and after, was just not the same band...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    edited June 2018
    Rabs said:
    I love Aerosmiths 70s stuff and even Pump (I kind of grew up on that) but yes the later 80s stuff and after, was just not the same band...
    I'd say the '70s stuff and Permanent Vacation, for similar reasons (although I was already 23 when it came out).  From Pump onwards I started losing faith.

I thought Permanent Vacation was a big return to form, although in retrospect it was the beginning of the era of bringing in outside writers etc, which I think ultimately ruined the band... although I'm sure they didn't think that as they watched the money rolling in...
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 321
    The later stuff that Dio did with Iommi (the Heaven & Hell stuff) from 2007-2009 really stands up. He never lost the voice.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Rockin'

Best Sabbath albums? Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules.

Best Rainbow album? Rising.

Join the dots ...
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 321

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4118
    Matt_McG said:
    The later stuff that Dio did with Iommi (the Heaven & Hell stuff) from 2007-2009 really stands up. He never lost the voice.
    Yeah there's a track called Bible Black that's as good as anything they did under the Sabbath name. Brilliant storytelling song that's really creepy, with a monster riff from Tony. 

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    I like Yngwie but his input on this is....er.... vulgar.  Frankly. 
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Matt_McG said:
    Yeah there's a track called Bible Black that's as good as anything they did under the Sabbath name. Brilliant storytelling song that's really creepy, with a monster riff from Tony. 
    @Grumpyrocker you have my perfect handle.

• JayceeJaycee Frets: 287
    Ronnie has the best voice in rock imo. If Yngwie played 40 fewer notes per second he'd be pretty good