Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    Rowby1 said:
    My beat group The Verticals are on at Spondon Liberal Club Derby on Sat 2nd June 9.30 ish. Its our first time there and I'm very much looking forward to it.
    Ah, I’d have come and seen you but I’m gigging myself. Only live down the road!
    Went well - always does in Derbys as the people are usually dead nice (we played in Belper a couple of weeks back). Strange venue in that it was full ish from 8.00 until 10.00 but then empty until midnight. Then a hen do + stag night turned up for the last 2 songs plus encore. They were upset we couldn't just play the whole set again! Lots of talk about Gary Rowett between the locals and my Stokey bandmates.

@rowby1 It would have been great to see you but I'd have been nervous doing my thing in front of such a good player.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1258
    edited June 2018
    @mudslide73 Trust me, I’m no where near as good as my SotM entries make me sound. This recording malarkey is all smoke and mirrors y’know
    Rowby1 said:
    @mudslide73 Trust me, I’m no where near as good as my SotM entries make me sound. This recording malarkey is all smoke and mirrors y’know
    I know.. I'm the same. I'm even worse than my SOTM entries :)

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    @Danny1969 are you still playing The Wyvern, Lee on Solent on Saturday?
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    munckee said:
    @Danny1969 are you still playing The Wyvern, Lee on Solent on Saturday?
    No mate, got told a few weeks back that their band budget had been cut and they couldn't afford us :)

I'm at the crown Friday night in Emsworth and some football awards show in Farlington Park saturday afternoon now 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • FezFez Frets: 499
    @David5150 Thanks for the mini review.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • vizviz Frets: 10647
    Van Duran at The Bull, Newmarket. Going to be a corker!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 911
    Burning Sky at The Foresters, Crosland Moor, Huddersfield tomorrow (10 June). Kick off around 6pm.
  • Grocer_JackGrocer_Jack Frets: 258
    The Cabbage Patch, Twickenham, this Friday (June 15).  Garagey, 60s, paisley pop originals. Free entry, 2 bands, great venue. Come down!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Kurtz at the Wee Red Bar, Edinburgh Art College on Friday 15th, 7-10pm, with The Fakes and Land Of Cakes. (Not chosen because they rhyme ;).)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• FezFez Frets: 499
    The Rolling Stoned at the Rec Rooms Horsham - opening night. Tonight
    Don't touch that dial.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 911
    Burning Sky at the New Old Cock & Oak, Halifax tonight.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Two for us today: private festival type event this afternoon for a big company in Exeter then onto the Lansdowne in Dawlish for 10pm.
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1258
    Playing in the pit band for a musical, Grace The Lighthouse Girl tonight at Derby Guildhall Theatre. 
  • David5150David5150 Frets: 118

Playing at a Medieval fayre in Witham Essex tomorrow - afternoon in the sun playing to a great crowd.

Only downside is we're playing on the pub balcony where access is challenging to say the least. Through the bar, up a spiral staircase (very old building) through about a thousand fire doors, through the owners apartment and kitchen and onto the balcony - dripping with sweat but ready to rock!!

• newi123newi123 Frets: 850
    My band - Rorkes drift - playing rock covers at the canal bar, newbury tonight. Usually s good gig!
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Helix direct to PA tonight for me at a Charity gig for Teenage Cancer Trust in PJ Molloys in Dunfermline. Provided backline? No thanks :)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Just back from the Golden Hind in Kingstanding, rare outing for The 2Tone Automatics now but it went pretty well. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Just back from the Golden Hind in Kingstanding, rare outing for The 2Tone Automatics now but it went pretty well. 
    @EricTheWeary That's not far from my workplace - I've never gigged there but played the Drake's Drum around the corner. I love a bit of 2Tone so let me know when you've got something coming up. 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    @EricTheWeary That's not far from my workplace - I've never gigged there but played the Drake's Drum around the corner. I love a bit of 2Tone so let me know when you've got something coming up.
    That gig was through an agency ( which is a bloke who owns a pet shop and his mate!) and they book bands around Great Barr, Perry Barr, all the Barr’s, for various pubs. I think they call us when they’re getting desperate!  They organise the charidee event Springstock at the Tennis Court which is in a couple of weeks ( we’re not on though). Just looking on their Facebook page their gigs now include the band I started about 16 years ago; still the same singer and he still can’t hit a note! 
    The landlord liked us and we are supposed to go back at some point.

https://www.facebook.com/MightyQuinnEntertainment/

If you were looking for gigs in that area I’m sure you could PM them, say Philip from The 2Tone Automatics sent you the link ( or not, I’m not saying my name carries any weight!). We had a couple of gigs with some hassle but that was the pub managers, not MightyQuinn and they’ve stopped booking for those pubs. 

During my my short lived waistcoat period ( and, no, the solo doesn’t sync with the video):

https://youtu.be/0NKkzTag4NM
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.