0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    edited June 2018
    Spector Legend 4 something
    Be seeing you.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    But that's definitely the one -- I'd never heard of them.
    I've been getting into this band and was about to send the link to my son (who plays a Tbird) then noticed the headstock was significantly different to the Gibson.
    Cheers!

• MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    Spector Rex from some metal band signature model.
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    don't like the bass at all but that finish is quite dreamy. looks pearlescent or foily. yum.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    It is called Holoflash.

Be seeing you.
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    It is called Holoflash.

thanks funkfingers, hadn't heard about this. i wonder if this will become a more widepread thing.

am not so sure about the full spectrum rainbow, to my tastes & prejudices the whole red to violet thing is a bit woodstock somehow, 1960s santana & grateful dead tie-dye vibe.
    in the pic in the OP it's more just the blues-indigos-violets, which appeals to my inner space cadet. reminds me of nasa & hubble nebula imagery.
    obviously the lighting there is reflecting is blue wavelengths. but when you don't control the lighting you could end up with a care bear rainbow brite crazy thing.

if they could do one where certain light wavelengths were bracketed or filtered out to enhance violet or scarlet tones (or whatever you want) that would be cool. maybe superimpose a fine coloured filter layer within the laquer during manufacture?
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    The Holoflash effect relies on simple iridescence. Full range of visible light in, full range out ... but diffracted. I do not pretend to know exactly how the effect is achieved but I know a man who does. Seymour Duncan User Group forum legend, John JOLLY, is obsessed with Spector bass guitars.

Meanwhile, a selective purple/blue effect could probably be achieved with transparent pigments over a reflective foil layer. 

Be seeing you.